The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

• 4 weeks later...
I saw Audio playing back to back with Donny in Belgium at the weekend, they were crap

I've never seen Audio play out but I'd imagine playing with Donny it was a bit of a different style, more skullstep, pots and pans sort of stuff. Could never get my head around that. His album is much more on a Virus records tip, and it's excellent (well I think so anyway!).

To be honest neither of them are my cup of tea, i'm not really that into hard drum and bass, industrial hardcore sort of stuff is what i listen to. The night was mainly geared towards that sorta stuff but had Audio & Donny playing DnB and I:gor who was quite breaky too

• 2 weeks later...

Along with a few others I have just launched a new blog, loosely based around drum and bass but with heavy reference to other forms of electronic and bass music, and some bits and pieces from outside.

Blog & Bass

Amongst our first entries you will find an exclusive interview with Toddla T.

Also, you can subscribe to my radio show podcast here.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Check this mix out, I recorded it before my office xmas party last Friday: tracklist is listed below (all in chronological order).

I'm into the darker stuff and I have a weekly internet radio show. However I like to mix things up a bit.

http://dnbshare.com/download/megatonmixdec10.mp3.html

OPTIV & MARK C4C "Substance Abuse"

INK & CYMATIX "Unknown Presense"

VICIOUS CIRCLE & UNIVERSAL PROJECT (A.K.A. SIREN) "Control"

LOXY & RESOUND "Oblivion"

LOXY & INK "Amazon"

TRACE "Sonar" (OPTICAL & TRACE REMIX)

VICIOUS CIRCLE "Pandoras Box"

RREGULA & THE PANACEA "Down Underneath"

HIVE & GRIDLOK FEAT. CALYX "Event Horizon"

BREAK FEAT. DIE "Slow Down"

GEIN "Onslaught"

COUNTERSTRIKE FEAT. SPL & LIMEWAX "Killing Machine"

TECH ITCH & GEIN FEAT. MC JAKES "Killsound"

BREAK FEAT. CALYX & TEEBEE "Don't Look Down"

CATACOMB "Wipe Your Species"

SILENT WITNESS & BREAK "Visions Of The Future"

D BRIDGE & A.I. "Odessa"

MOSUS & S.P.Y. "My World"

OCTANE, DLR & SURVIVAL "Transition"

COMMIX "Breaking Through"

VICIOUS CIRCLE & UNIVERSAL PROJECT (A.K.A. SIREN) "Broken Silence"

BREAK FEAT. SILENT WITNESS & SURVIVAL "Conference Call"

JADE "Cryptic" (PHACE REMIX)

USUAL SUSPECTS "Killa Bees"

SPECTRASOUL "Peninsula"

CATACOMB "Slit"

GEIN "Morning Star"

BREAK "Too Much"

JADE "This Is My World" (ICICLE REMIX)

JOHN B "Up All Night"

For those who appreciate the harder, techier side of D&B, Audio's new album is really very good indeed;

Jibba Jabba

Collision

Stratosphere

Abyss

Scanners

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!! Audio's tunes are ridiculous. Especially Jibba Jabba! You like 'Break'?

I do indeed, in fact, Audio & Break's albums are probably my favourites in terms of D&B this year.

I've heard about cocoon is it outside? bit too hardcore for me mind, but i do love my dance music. I went to Creamfields earlier in the year.

Nah it's in the new HMV institute club on Digbeth high street - which I've got to say, is probably my favourite venue in Brum. It's an old theatre which has three different levels looking down on the main room which is compact and oozes the underground feeling. It's brilliant - get yourself along mate, it won't be too hardcore for you. You really know about electronic music once you've been to a Cocoon event hosted by the master himself.

Who did you see at Creamfields? I didn't go the last time but was there the year before and got completely **** caked in mud. It was worth it though for the line-up and the scouse birds :winkold:

Â