The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Final Destination 5 as I was recommended it being told that the 3rd was awfull and the 4th was almost an insult but this one as good as the first two. Have to say that I liked it, just like I liked the first two, but some of the deaths ain't half silly. :) But brutal. Still, none of the deaths in the new one beats the one with the bus in the first movie.

The Scouting Book for Boys is on Film4 tonight.

It gets pretty disturbing in places but If you haven't seen it, it's well worth a watch. Thomas Turgoose (he of This is England fame) is excellent in it.

Well I'm not really old enough to remember the character in question.I know who it is but I never watched it.

But I thought it was amazing.

I've seen that movie a couple of times in my youth. I made it even funnier. Great scene, great to laugh at a movie. Been so few very funny movies these days.

Yeah if you like south park and family guy humour you find Ted hilarious. I laughed my ass off

Nah it's just Family Guy humour. Which I'm not into. Though I absolutely love South Park. Specially the episodes where they tear Family Guy a new one. I really don't get Family Guy at all....

Seems the new Batman escaped onto the internet this morning....

I always saw those episodes as a nod to Family Guy to be honest.

They take the piss out of it, but I wouldn't say they rip it a new one.

Really?

Trey and Matt genuinely dislike Family Guy. I read somewhere that they absolutely hate the sense of humour attached the Family Guy as it's just too easy to make, just random jokes which have no connection to the story...

Well yeah, that's the main theme of the joke that they make at Family Guy's expense, and I get the impression that they dislike the way it's written.

But I felt the episodes also acknowledged how popular the show was and how people loved it.

Sort of a "we respect what you're doing, but it's not for us" point of view, rather than their regular "**** this shit" point of view.

Anyway, I like them both. And that particular criticism of Family Guy is basically ridiculous, because that's exactly why people LIKE Family Guy. There's a loose story and then some randomness. They don't watch Family Guy for it's intricate plot lines and story twists, they watch it because it's half animated sit com, half animated sketch show.

It's like criticising South Park for being crude. Yeah, well done.

Anyway, I like them both. And that particular criticism of Family Guy is basically ridiculous, because that's exactly why people LIKE Family Guy. There's a loose story and then some randomness. They don't watch Family Guy for it's intricate plot lines and story twists, they watch it because it's half animated sit com, half animated sketch show.

:thumb:

Â