The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

That's the great thing about films though. Some people will like what other people consider to be awful and it's all down to personal taste.

I just couldn't see a single thing that was good about that film though. Well, the initial idea was promising but it was executed so badly...

I don't know, some movies are so terrible you can't really see many people liking them. This was one of them.

So, now I've watched the first of the Largo Winch-films. Decent. Nothing special and nothing new, but good enough. Will probably see the 2nd one tomorrow.

I think I'll see that Cowboys vs. Aliens film despite people on here saying it's no good. I just wanna see how it is. But I'll probagbly wait for it to come out on BD.

Got Sanctum the other day and I'll probably watch it this weekend. Anyone seen it? My film nerd friend says it was pretty good and one of the few films that really worked in 3D. The trailer was pretty cool

watched Flash Gordon on ITV 4 last night .. God I forgot how crap that film was ..even Blue Peters Peter Duncan couldn't save it :-) and second worse soundtrack to a film ever (Highlander being first of course)

watched Flash Gordon on ITV 4 last night .. God I forgot how crap that film was ..even Blue Peters Peter Duncan couldn't save it :-) and second worse soundtrack to a film ever (Highlander being first of course)

:lol: Actually, even I think that's a crap soundtrack. :--D Queens only bad album, that one. A few half decent songs, but mostly awfull. And you know you love the Highlander soundtrack. ;)

I watched Flash Gordon again as well.. haven't seen it for many years. :lol:

I love how easy it is for him to sinisterly lure them into his rocket. "My phone's in here!" "Oh, ok...hey..... this looks like a rocket." :lol:

£££

probably doesn't bring too many complaints either iirc the family has split o er his death with his gf getting the rights rather than them so the studio could probably get a great deal on the rights then when you watch the originals you can tell 2&3 had little money so with them getting some cash from it and no doubt a new fan base when the inevitable "the Swedish ones are better" comments come out, no blue ray boxset yet I'm expecting that to be released shortly after the remake

as for the casting my gf agrees she's not looking too promising but apparantly DC fits the description better than the Swedish bloke, personally I think it comes down to content, the original didn't shirk any of the nastier bits will be interesting to see what the remake does

£££

probably doesn't bring too many complaints either iirc the family has split o er his death with his gf getting the rights rather than them so the studio could probably get a great deal on the rights then when you watch the originals you can tell 2&3 had little money so with them getting some cash from it and no doubt a new fan base when the inevitable "the Swedish ones are better" comments come out, no blue ray boxset yet I'm expecting that to be released shortly after the remake

as for the casting my gf agrees she's not looking too promising but apparantly DC fits the description better than the Swedish bloke, personally I think it comes down to content, the original didn't shirk any of the nastier bits will be interesting to see what the remake does

I posted the trailer a few pages back (and incidentally they showed the trailer beofre TTSS when I saw it the other night, and it was by far the best 3 minutes of the night, as TTSS was crap)

This is actually a remake I agree with. Saw the Swedish one, and wasn't too impressed.

Thought it was a bit too rushed, it felt like they were cramming everything in trying to explain everything and it didn't really flow too well.

I also thought it wasn't graphic enough. That doesn't mean I'm a guy who likes films like Hostel, where it's gory for the sake of it, but I think things happen in the books that need to be graphically represented on screen for it to have the same effect.

Luckily, I read an interview with DC a while back and he said Fincher is holding nothing back, and it's a shocking film...in a good way!

Fincher is awesome so hopefully he'll keep it up with this one.

i think it looks great to be honest. Really excited for it!

Why even remake it?!

Because the original is only a fairly decent Channel 5 film.

Looks like a stylish Fincher film.

The problem is its set in Sweden but everyone is basically English, doesn't make sense.

Bit weird but I don't think it really matters.

Look at "Enemy at the Gates". I think that's a great film. But it's all about the Russians, yet everyone has lovely English accents.

But i think that works better than either setting it in the USA instead, or making everyone put on Swedish accents. That would be weirder in my opinion.

She was hot in my mind.

I agree on the remake front though, it needed done. The original Swedish one was good, but the rest weren't. I think Fincher could do a good job on the three of them.

I'm pretty sure I heard some Swedish accents too, so it's not exactly like those old war films with Germans running around saying 'Jolly ol' chap' and what not.

Looking good.

The new Lisbeth isn't sexy at all :(

She shouldn't be.

That's kind of the point of her.

She's meant to be weirdly sexy!!

That's not how I read it.

Certainly not in terms of how she looks anyway.

She was hot in my mind.

I agree on the remake front though, it needed done. The original Swedish one was good, but the rest weren't. I think Fincher could do a good job on the three of them.

I'm pretty sure I heard some Swedish accents too, so it's not exactly like those old war films with Germans running around saying 'Jolly ol' chap' and what not.

The Germans usually ran around saying Scnell, Raus and Donner und Blittzen :mrgreen:

I can see the point in the remake, Hollywoodising it is just a money making exercise, from that trailer it looks to be exactly the same film, with different actors talking in English.

It's being remade because America loves this stuff, it just doesn't do dubbing or subtitles, thats the point of it. I'll stick to the originals methinks

Oh and it's more Film4 than Channel 5, thats a good thing btw

Â