The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I got this one as a gift

ra_poster.jpg

It's all filmed in one continuous shot (digital mind) and it's quite brilliant piece of film-making. The plot isn't a masterpiece by any means, and some of the historical references escape me, but it's fascinating to see how the director manages to do so much without cutting, and the final scenes are quite mindblowing.

It's on tonight on SkyArts2 at 10. Check it out.

Watched Devil last night. Quite clever and a bit of a Whoodunnit thriller, had me guessing throughout and was quite tense. Pretty good.

thought this was awfull watched it last week, I had it sussed after about 15/20 minutes

its one of them who dunnit lets make it a complete shock by making the person who dunnit the least likely...therefore making it the most obvious

I didn't have that person down as being least likely, didn't think it was that simple and could have been anyone.

SPOLIERS!!!

Not sure what you thought, but I had anyone in the building down as a suspect, from something the security guy said earlier in the film.

Didn't think it was brilliant and the ending was a bit crap, but quite good.

spoiler

nah considering that the people in the lift consisted of a giant black security guard an ex army bloke a good looking bird who clearly is up to something a bit dodgy and a sweet little old lady...it was only ever going to be the sweet little old lady

I've seen a lot of films this week (for me).

I won't go into detail

Saw the King's Speech on Wednesday. Thought it was really good.

Saw 127 Hours on Friday, again excellent. First half seemed to drag a little but it's absolutely necessary for the second half of the film, which is brilliant.

And watched The Secret in Their Eyes yesterday. It was good, but I think I raised my expectations too much after all the hype it was given. I wasn't blown away.

Looks awful. Though a 6.6 on imdb is surprisingly high for a film of that kind. I'd have expected it to be in the 3 to 4 range. So from that, I'd say if you like that kind of film it might be a decent one. I won't be wasting my hard-earned on it though.

Watched Devil last night. Quite clever and a bit of a Whoodunnit thriller, had me guessing throughout and was quite tense. Pretty good.

thought this was awfull watched it last week, I had it sussed after about 15/20 minutes

its one of them who dunnit lets make it a complete shock by making the person who dunnit the least likely...therefore making it the most obvious

I didn't have that person down as being least likely, didn't think it was that simple and could have been anyone.

SPOLIERS!!!

Not sure what you thought, but I had anyone in the building down as a suspect, from something the security guy said earlier in the film.

Didn't think it was brilliant and the ending was a bit crap, but quite good.

spoiler

nah considering that the people in the lift consisted of a giant black security guard an ex army bloke a good looking bird who clearly is up to something a bit dodgy and a sweet little old lady...it was only ever going to be the sweet little old lady

She didn't look like a sweet little old lady to me.

:)

Went to see the new John Carpenter movie (The Ward) the other night. I enjoyed it for what it was, which was an old-fashioned suspense thriller with some hokey acting and plot holes, both of which actually added to it's charm. It's certainly a long way from the genius of Assault on Precinct 13 and Halloween but at least it's a step in the right direction ie. it's not Ghosts of Mars.

Â