The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

fid13250.jpg Worth a watch to see Paul Rudd thrive outside his usual comedy confines. Cracking performance from him, very underplayed and subtle.

This, this, 100x this!

Superb movie. Hilarious at times. Saw a trailer for it a few years ago when I watched Stake Land on dvd. Surprised it's had such a low key history as it's utterly charming.

• Like 1

Oh and Donnie, less moaning about things you don't like and post more about the films you do like perhaps? That way posts about films don't get lost in the posts moaning about them.

Creates a nicer environment for everyone else that way.

Edited by Ingram85

can we stop moaning about people moaning please?

I like the posts which only moan about the films others want to discuss, not the ones in which the moaning is turned onto the moaners.

so boring.

• Like 1

20,000 Days On Earth about Nick Cave is premiered on Film 4 tomorrow night (Friday!) at 1105pm

Couldn't get to see this at the cinema and have wanted to watch this for ages!

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

It's utterly fantastic. I watched it with my wife and she didn't know too much about him or his music and she really enjoyed it.

And you know as it's him, it's anything but a straighforward 'Roc Doc'.

• Like 2

can we stop moaning about people moaning please? I like the posts which only moan about the films others want to discuss, not the ones in which the moaning is turned onto the moaners. so boring.

Stop moaning.

A friend of mine was Associate Producer on a movie recently. His first foray into film and he obviously loved every minute of it. It was all over his Facebook and twitter for months while they were in production, post and launch and he is clearly very proud of it. Out of curiosity, I watched it last week and it is an absolute turd of a film. 

I'm seeing him for the first time in ages soon so do I tell him honestly what I think or congratulate him on a job well done?

This is the film, by the way. I do not recommend it, it's turgid:

maxresdefault_zpsuj3z0u44.jpg

I bet its still better than if he casted Danny Dyer for it 

To be fair, even while watching it I was thinking they must have been gutted not to have got him in for it. Much as I think Dyer is awful, he could only have improved the film.

Much as I think Dyer is awful, he could only have improved the film.

**** me that film must be terrible then

• Like 1

Much as I think Dyer is awful, he could only have improved the film.

**** me that film must be terrible then

However bad you're imagining it is, it's at least twice as bad as that ;)

Â