The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I so badly wanted to love it, but I lost interest.

It's a film with giant mechs fighting monsters and I lost interest. It was a clear sign that they got a lot wrong for me. Guillermo del Toro is very hit and miss in my opinion. Hellboy, brilliant, Hellboy 2, crap. Pan's Labyrinth, stellar, Pacific Rim, peh.

At least Jurassic Park looks completely different from the others....oh no wait, its exactly the same!

Over 10 years and this is the best they could come up with....please!

I'm impressed you've managed to see it being as it's not out for 7 months.

Most of us have only seen the short sub-90 second trailer

I must say, I was pleasently surprised at The Family (starring De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones and Michelle Pfeiffer - still looking good!) a comedy/drama about a Mafia boss/whistleblower relocated under witness protection, with his wife and two kids to France.

Written and directed by Luc Besson, it was generally panned by critics.

It was harmless fun, some genuinely amusing moments but did lack any real depth and some of the characters were paint by numbers mafiosa.

Simply cannot wait for the Penguins of Madagascar!

I think they'll cook the golden goose
I don't get the reference sorry. I hate it when that happens!

IMO the penguins are the best thing about the Madagascar films but i don't think 2 hours of them will work

Have to say i watched Last Vegas at some point in the last week and i quite enjoyed it.

Yes everyone is phoning it in (I'm looking at you de niro!) but it was quite a sweet tale of some old timers having their last hurrah and it wasn't as cynical as i would have expected.

6.5/10

Have to say i watched Last Vegas at some point in the last week and i quite enjoyed it.

Yes everyone is phoning it in (I'm looking at you de niro!) but it was quite a sweet tale of some old timers having their last hurrah and it wasn't as cynical as i would have expected.

6.5/10

Not quite sure when? Heavy substance usage? Hope you're never a witness to an accident! ;)  :P

• Like 1

Â