The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

snowpiercer_poster2.jpg

I (unsurprisingly) thought this was fantastic. Given the director and the acting talent involved it was always going to be a great movie, but it's a couple of hours of completely bonkers brilliance which surpassed even my expectations.

I guarantee there will be some people who absolutely hate it. You know what? **** them, they're wrong.  B)

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Step Brothers  (2008)  I don't normally enjoy American comedy films I,would rather watch British british ones any day of the week .However, I must say i enjoyed this and it made me laugh.7/10 for me

snowpiercer_poster2.jpg

I (unsurprisingly) thought this was fantastic. Given the director and the acting talent involved it was always going to be a great movie, but it's a couple of hours of completely bonkers brilliance which surpassed even my expectations.

I guarantee there will be some people who absolutely hate it. You know what? **** them, they're wrong.  B)

Bonkers South Korean Sci-fi? Count me in.

• Like 1

Lone Ranger

Much like that mars film Disney did that was a huge flop I didn't think it was actually that bad, the cgi isn't good enough, the story isn't great, but some of the jokes work, fitchner and wilkinson are good, but there's nothing that stands out or makes it particularly good, I can see why it got lost amongst the superhero films last summer

• Like 1

snowpiercer_poster2.jpg

Bonkers South Korean Sci-fi? Count me in.

I predict you will love it CED.

Step Brothers  (2008)  I don't normally enjoy American comedy films I,would rather watch British british ones any day of the week .However, I must say i enjoyed this and it made me laugh.7/10 for me

When they wanted to have bunk beds so they had room to do "so many activities" I pissed myself for a good five minutes solid.  Had to pause the film.

When they wanted to have bunk beds so they had room to do "so many activities" I pissed myself for a good five minutes solid.  Had to pause the film.

I love Step Brothers! 

Wonder Con footage for Godzilla got leaked, for those who want to see 6 minutes of the film (early on in the film that is).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYES8ZF-K9I

Holy shit!

For what its worth, it doesn't spoil the story really in anyway and only includes what is known about it already. Cinematography is on point as expected but the soundtrack is phenomenal, I really didn't expect it.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Wonder Con footage for Godzilla got leaked, for those who want to see 6 minutes of the film (early on in the film that is).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYES8ZF-K9I

Holy shit!

For what its worth, it doesn't spoil the story really in anyway and only includes what is known about it already. Cinematography is on point as expected but the soundtrack is phenomenal, I really didn't expect it.

Holy ****!

Finally seen Nebraska.Incredible as expected. I don't think Alexander Payne is capable of making even an average movie.My favourite filmmaker along with the Coen's and Tom McCarthy.

My favourite movie this year by a mile. An absolute gem and Bruce Dern deserves all the plaudits he's getting.

Agree about Payne too, a great talent.

The scene in the cemetery absolutely floored me.

I've not laughed like that at one scene for about 2 years.

Edited by sonic_bouma
  • Like 2

Training Day - 9/10 - what a film! Washington's best ever role? Must be close.

Man on fire for me but very close.

I like loads of Denzel Washington's films, including both of those. If I had to make a top 5 -

1 Fallen

2 The Hurricane

3 Man on Fire

4 The Book of Eli

5 Training Day

Special Mentions - Mo' Better Blues, A Soldier's Story, Philadelphia, Mother Goose: A rappin' and rhymin' special and Deja Vu

I would concede if someone thought Fallen wasn't his best film or anywhere near, it's just my favourite.

Edited by 8pints

is Malcolm X any good? i know pretty much nothing about him

DW doesnt really make bad films does he? safe house and unstoppable were both watchable, pelham 123, eli and deja vu werent great but he still put in a good performance

need to watch 2 guns too 

• Like 1

Yeah I think that's the thing, whatever the quality of the film he appears in, Denzel Washington always seems to put in a good performance, certainly in my opinion in all the films of his I have seen.

I think Malcolm X is quite a good biopic yes. Delroy Lindo is in it too, so that's another plus for me, he's one of my favourite actors, underrated in my opinion. And yes, if VA, '91, Wainy or Ginko reads this, he's another bald brother. 

Edited by 8pints

Â