6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

Anyone going to come close to taking this off Wales this year? Doesnt look likely!

Any opinions? Or are we all agreeing on another Welsh grand slam?

Just thought I'd bring this opening post up, I'm glad I didn't agree, to answer the question, yes it looks like 3 different teams :crylaugh:

And it is good to see England finish ahead of the arrogant Welsh!

Indeed. Though I'm a bigger fan of head to head to decide ties than points difference in a short 5 games series like this, it might shut them up for a while at least.

How would you have sorted it out this year?

England would have needed to finish above France but below Wales.

Wales would ave needed to finish above England but below France.

France would have needed above Wales but below England.

Impossible to sort it on a head to head basis. Head to head also means more dead rubbers, as its impossible to turn something round when two teams are going for the same thing. They still use head to head in La Liga unless I am mistaken, so playing for big wins is kinda pointless if you lost a game against your rivals 20 games ago, because if you finish level on points you will be below them no matter what.

England would have needed to finish above France but below Wales.

Wales would ave needed to finish above England but below France.

France would have needed above Wales but below England.

Impossible to sort it on a head to head basis.

Touche. It doesn't work does it?

It would get too complicated if I tried to included points into the head to head system, so I shant bother!

Don't really understand rugby to be honest, but I agree with Rev on the tie-breakers. GD encourages teams to score as many points as they can, head-to-head makes it irrelevant.

England scored the most points and the most tries and finished with the best GD of this six nations, were they the best team? That's my point in a nutshell.

It's a shame we can't extend the 6 nations to two rounds, the clubs would never have it.

Scotland should forfeit the next 6 nations.

It could be worse, you could be Italy.

You know, I wouldn't care a toss if they threw the shambolic Italians out and bought the Argies in. Italy have lost 43 of their 50 six nations matches, thats just unacceptable.

P.S. Ricky Flutey for the Lions....

Or Wales, I mean hopw depressing would it be to be sooooo confident of the Grand Slam with all others trailing in your wake, to find you finish 4th behind, Ireland, England, France, I mean the Jocks at least know where their place is, and don't expect anything more.

Scotland should forfeit the next 6 nations.

You know, I wouldn't care a toss if they threw the shambolic Italians out and bought the Argies in. Italy have lost 43 of their 50 six nations matches, thats just unacceptable.

P.S. Ricky Flutey for the Lions....

Yeh but look at where Italy were when they joined and where they are now. it won't be long until they start competing.

It's the same as if the Argies joined the Tri Nations. They''d be last for the first few years but eventually get better.

I think Flutey is a very good player on his day, but can be a tad inconsistent, however during this tournament he has been good, one of the England stand outs. I agree with your opinion he should be in the lions over BOD at 2nd five.

Â