6 Nations (Poll added. Who will win the big game?)

chrissmith921

Pick one  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Ireland to win the match and take the Grand Slam
    • Wales win by less than 13pts. Ireland take the title.
    • Wales win by 13 or more and win the title

Felinfoel - played against them early last year - we battered them up front but they had a 10 who had a leg on him that put us in our own 22 everytime we lost the ball.

Dead on feet by half time, they took us apart then.

However, my prediction:

1 Wales Grand Slam

2 France P5 W3 L2

3 Ireland P5 W3 L2

4 Scotland P5 W3 L2

5 England P5 W1

6 Italy White wash

To be honest, I can't see another Slam happening. Triple Crown perhaps. But back to back Slams and 3 in 4 years would just be too good to be true after all those barren times. I think Wales and France will fight it out for the title, England will do better than anticipated, but not as good as Scotland. Ireland will have a shocker. And Italy will get stuffed left right and centre.

Ireland are such a poor side but as you'd expect they have been making their usual noises of a grand slam... Not with that back line!!

Wales' slam hopes rest (I believe) with what record France go into the game in Paris against us with - if they've won their lot, we're in trouble. If not, then the slam is definately on.

I fully expect us to slaughter England - almost 20 points margin possible if we see enough ball. Jamie Roberts will smash their centres to death and Halfpenny/Byrne/Williams are the best back 3 in the NH.

5 England P5 W1

Wow, brave prediction, Chris.

With the Italy whitewash, that would mean us losing to the sweaties at Twickenham - a true rarity. :winkold:

Englands backline is horrendous. Probably the poorest in the competition (aside of the eye-ties).

Their pack, normally of course a huge and dominant thing, crumbled against a poor Aussie pack in the autumn - no decent place kicker, no pace, no quality, no creativity - it will be a shambles.

The Scottish on the other hand have a decent side there, and always raise their game for the English. Wales hadn't won at Twickenham in a long time prior to last year - I'd say Scotland will go into that game and give England problems - definately up front.

If you were to pick a Lions XV now there would be very few, if any, English representitives in there, which is a real sign of where England have gone in the last 2 years.

5 England P5 W1

Wow, brave prediction, Chris.

With the Italy whitewash, that would mean us losing to the sweaties at Twickenham - a true rarity. :winkold:

Not one that I would back against though to be fair, regardless of whether Corry plays and gouges his way through the entire Scottish team.

I think Scotland are going to be much more of a force this year, and am a bit concerned that Wales are opening up there on Sunday. The Scottish Trip (copyright Max Boyce) is always tough, but it think it might be more than usual this year.

It worries me too Santa but I think we have a completely different mentality to one of recent times.

You hear the comments coming out of the Welsh camp and theyre all clear and focused - you can see that on, and off the pitch (in their actions), they all have a job to do and they all know how to do it.

I'll be worried however if there is any involvement for the 6'10 second row who cannot catch a lineout ball. [Luke Charteris]

Hopefully the Welsh will return a second succesive grand slam. Its the Irish that worry me the most and France are still capable of doing damage on their day.. Englands biggest game will be the Calcutta cup and Italy will get the wooden spoon quite convincingly this season

Â