World of Warcraft

The_Rev

"Are half the shammie toems really needed?"

Nope! A lot of them I haven't used since we were running around the 1000 Needles!

The only ones you'll ever use are:

Earth: Strength of Earth for + strength to melee sorts (and yourself when grinding). Earthbind for slowing mobs and pissing off allies riding into BRM. Tremor totem for anti fear.

Air: Windfury again for melee sorts (make sure rogues aren't using poison though). GOA for +agi to everybody esp hunters, Tranquil air for reducing caster agro. Grounding totem occasionally for absorbing 1 harmful spell. Nature Resist later on in AQ40 apparently.

Water: Mana Stream/Mana tide. Fire resist in MC/BWL. I don't bother with anti posion/disease, just spam decursive instead.

Fire: Searing can be quite useful to interrup casters, fire nova is OK for a bit of AOE, and the other one for knocking ally rogues out of stealth.

3-4 of our recent guild quitters all appear to have left us for "vanity" guilds. It seems there is something about the character of Tarren Mill, unlike Deathwing,, that you seem to have millions of crap little guilds of almost no members. It seems everyone on the server from l1 to l60, all want their own snappy guild title under their name. I dont get it.

TBH your guild will often be seen as a "levelling" guild, because you recruit lower levels. These guilds are 10 a penny and people wont form any bonds and just pass from one to the other. Sounds like you need to distinguish yourselves from these "vanity guilds" you need to get more 60s, and start rocking the 5 mans and then the endgame instances. Sadly, with the expansion coming, you might miss all that and just carry on levelling.

Are half the shammie toems really needed? Do they really do enough to influence solo play? Much happier with the Drood!

Half are rarely if ever used. Flametongue is my favourite - never used.

As for solo play - they do make a difference, albeit a small one. If I'm going one on one with an elite of the same or similar level I'll drop all 4 totems, usually agil, strength, searing and mana. For grinding I'll usually only drop mana and pull the mobs in and slow down on the shock spells. It saves stopping and drinking every 3 fights.

How are your lot going anyway Oz? Havent heard anything in a little while.

Slow.

Having some guild upheaval at the moment. Our MT - the one who by default got ALL the tank drops in MC - hasn't been online in over a month. When questioned about it, the GM (who just happens to be his mate) quit and looks like taking a few with him.

The upside is I get to raid more often - went to AQ20 for the first time last night :shock:

As for progression: ZG all but Hakkar. AQ20 only Kuri, I think. MC - all bosses on farm except the last 2: Domo and Rags. Have downed Domo once before. Ony - not yet. Had him down to 5% in our best attempt before the inevitable fear into the whelps. :roll:

All in all Dashers mostly get on pretty well, although given that we've got an arrogant, power mad German for a GM, it's surprising we've lasted this long!

This thread deserves a link on the wowrush forum!

Tell me you disagree now. Not letting people do instances that are cleared? Totally ridiculous and another example of that power mad little hitler's attitude to people in the guild.

All in all Dashers mostly get on pretty well, although given that we've got an arrogant, power mad German for a GM, it's surprising we've lasted this long!

Tell me you disagree now. Not letting people do instances that are cleared? Totally ridiculous and another example of that power mad little hitler's attitude to people in the guild.

Yeah its a joke, the funny thing was I really enjoyed the PUG! It was mainly people who's guilds have ditched MC, so the gear level was good, without vent nor any real co-ordination, we blitzed our way to Garr, before I got told to leave. TBH I'm looking forward to PUGing again come BC, doing an instance with the same old people can get boring, last night it felt totally different, getting used to how new tanks hold aggro, chatting to new people etc. Come the expansion there is no way that the guild will be able to do ZG, AQ, Ony, MC, BWL, AQ, Naxx plus the new instances with monthly resets in our 3 raid a week schedule. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I'd like to get 8/8 T2 at some point, even if i outgrow it, if at level 65, I'm asked to join an MC class run with need/greed, and I'm still forbidden to by the guild's rules, then that might be it for me. I'm not going to be restricted to just instances the guild want me to do.

For now, I'm going to bite my tongue, I've said my piece on the forum.

Quite unbelievable reply to a reasonable,thought out question on forums (imho).

Find it hard to swallow high-handed 'can't be bothered to explain why etc' post from a GM.

I just really wish we'd taken the time to set up our own guild back on DW, I'm not sure how much longer I can be bothered with the Dashers.

Never match the might of the VT Villains. :mrgreen:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=10014&sid=1

This is supposed to be a link to blue text about patch 1.13, and pre TBC Warlock changes. I keep getting errors, so i dont know if its real or not, but there is talk of some kind of threat reduction (at last!) and a form of Fel Concentration for the Destruction tree.

Anyone who can open it, a copy/paste here would be nice. The only thing google throws up is this: http://www.macobserver.com/gamingnews/2006/10/24.1.shtml

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=10014&sid=1

This is supposed to be a link to blue text about patch 1.13, and pre TBC Warlock changes. I keep getting errors, so i dont know if its real or not, but there is talk of some kind of threat reduction (at last!) and a form of Fel Concentration for the Destruction tree.

Mate - couldn't find a blue post....

... but some posters think that you will get your full BC talent tree in the 1.13 patch. The link to a talent calculator they provided is here

Â