The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Surprised at the amount of shouts for Beckenbauer, I wouldn't have even considered him. I think Low and Scolari showed that taking over a fairly dominant team is always going to give you a chance at winning something Internationally. And he managed all of 44 games in club management. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile Sevilla go marching on. best first half to a la liga season ever for them. Jorge Sampaoli has come in and done a fantastic job. A very attacking approach to game. Unlike the Villareal manager Fran Escribá who was very negative at Getafe and I thi nk they have made a mistake appointing him. they could have done a lot better.

Sevilla have a habit of nicking these types of games against relegation strugglers....they had a similar game v Deportivo when they were 2-1 down with 5 minutes left and won 3-2.

They've proved me wrong....I thought they'd drop off as I still think their defence isn't great but they have real fluency in attack.

Can't see anyone stopping Real Madrid though. This is the weakest Barca for some time and Atletico are too far back.

I think the fact that Sevilla have not played all their rivals away will probably mean they will drop off but I hope they finish above Atletico. Far more entertaining. Its a poor La Liga this year. I don't think Real are great. Sevilla are the only interesting thing about it for me.

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think the fact that Sevilla have not played all their rivals away will probably mean they will drop off but I hope they finish above Atletico. Far more entertaining. Its a poor La Liga this year. I don't think Real are great. Sevilla are the only interesting thing about it for me.

Valencia picking up aswell finally so we're not going to have a massive club getting relegated either.

Do they not have goalline cameras in La Liga....that ball was miles over!

Barca have been terrible though....another game they massively struggle in with Iniesta missing.

I think they're at a similar point to 2006 when the Ronaldinho, Deco,Etoo team just got old together.

What was I saying about Spanish refs....3 minutes signalled (there always seems a lot less injury time in La Liga compared to the prem). Betis player down with his head injury for a minute....ref blows at 93.02.:lol:

Man. United wouldn't have won half their leagues if they had Spanish refs in their games....

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What was I saying about Spanish refs....3 minutes signalled (there always seems a lot less injury time in La Liga compared to the prem). Betis player down with his head injury for a minute....ref blows at 93.02.:lol:

Man. United wouldn't have won half their leagues if they had Spanish refs in their games....

Yes and we may of won one more.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely stuff from Atleti at the end....they were 80/1 to win which I had a nibble at just before they took the corner from which Carrasco volleyed in. :cheers:

Harsh on Celta who were the better team...Atletico will still probably just about scrape 4th but certainly feels like an end of an era is looming there.

Well done Chris. I didn't see it myself. I saw some of the Villareal game but I find them so tedious to watch now. They have scored only 5 more goals than the bottom club and 8 of those came in two games. Eibar are flying. Could catch them. Atletico could still finish 3rd. Yes they will loose Griezmann I think. Real look certain to win the title but I think they will swap trophies with Barcelona, because I think they will win the champions league

• 2 weeks later...
Â