Running

trimandson

See!!! I knew you would. Now let me know about the 5 miles. Think you'll do it before next week? Or is it the designated goal of next week?

Well I started off increasing my distances on a Saturday (I run tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays), but as I mentioned my morning runs are pathetic, so it isn't really possible. So I've changed the distance upping day to Tuesdays.

So 5 miles on Tuesday is the goal. Should be doable, I could have done it tonight or Tuesday gone if I'd wanted I reckon, but I'm going to stick to the schedule.

I'm not keen on morning runs, either.

Which is why I instituted my "run to work on Friday" regime, just to make myself do it - and it gets some weekly mileage in (seven very hilly miles) without eating into social/family time.

It's hell getting started, but by the time I've got into work and had a shower I feel great.

Not today though, I'm on leave! :hooray:

Tried morning for about 2 weeks - up at 5.30 in the morning, and setting off without any breakfast inside me.

Really did not enjoy it at all - so now just go as soon as I get home from work (well, obviously get changed first into my shorts).

Everyone seems to be quoting the amount of miles ran, in this thread. Do you all take Pedometor/things with you to track how many miles you've ran?

I went for a run Yesterday, but I don't know how far I ran. I just went out for half an hour, with my new 'Philips/ O'Neill' headphones.. It's the first time I've bought headphones that aren't in-ear... what a joy that I can listen to music whilst running!!!

I've got an app on my phone that tracks where I run via gps, so knowing how far I've run is pretty easy.

where do you keep your phone whilst you're running?

I actually had almost the exact same time on my run today so at least I didn't slack. But I also did the first of many boot camp work outs afterwards and I can honestly say I would like very much to go back to bed instead of working on people or working tonight :(. But at least my time stayed on track :)

Thank you Stevo.

Good job Claret...glad you were feeling good!!

lp_villa, you are making really good time. If you slowed your pace just a little you'd get to 3 miles with ease. Either way you will reach your goal before you know it.

I think it's psychological this "can't run on a Saturday" thing.

Only managed 3 miles today. First 2 miles were ridiculously slow.

But I did finish with an 8 minute final mile.

just did my 1st proper run for about 5 years...

distance: 1.86 miles/3km

average speed: 7.26m/h

fastest: 9.65m/h

time: 15m 25s

how is that for starters? i got a stitch after 2 minutes but i soldiered on till the end, i could do a lot better without it!

second run, same route tonight..

distance: 1.90miles/3.05km

average speed: 8.22mph / 13.23km/h

fastest: 10.44mph / 16.80km/h

time: 13m 51s

so i beat my time comfortably, but never again will i eat a burger 5 minutes before, i felt like death!

haven't had a run for about a month now, i need to get a schedule going to keep it up!

felt a bit tired from work recently though but i fancy trying to improve my time again later. :) hopefully can move up to 5km next month

I'm sluggish and off the pace. Haven't entered a street race for over a year, unmotivated, overweight.

Just went out for my default five mile circuit and felt like a lump of lard. Crap.

Â