Running

trimandson

I hurted my calf 6 days ago for the first time in my life, i was running on the threadmill and after 40 mins it felt like someone stuck me with a knife in my left calf.

I tried to run again yesterday but after 1 min the pain came back, i can walk fast without feeling any pain, but as soon as i start to run it come back.

It's driving me insane not to be able to run, any tips on how i can heal this as fast as possible ?

Rest Ice Compression Elevation or try and get a massage. I have issues with my calves all the time (at the moment my left one doesnt like the fact I have had to change the way I run).

Good news, the physio has sort of discharged me from my achilies (or actually tib-post) issue, I just have to wear a slight heel in one shoe and either wear more supportive shoes or tape the foot before I run. I managed an easy parkrun on saturday with a couple of strides in trainers with a heel and tape with no pain. Yesterday I ran in my racing flats with no support and was in pain 1K into my 10K so had to ease off a bit, still ran a 38:41 off of a pretty quick 40K bike leg during a triathlon.

There is a 10k up the road next sunday, so I may finally be able to go after my 10K time (as I have run over a minute and a half faster during a half marathon) as missed the last couple of 10K races.

• Like 1

I hurted my calf 6 days ago for the first time in my life, i was running on the threadmill and after 40 mins it felt like someone stuck me with a knife in my left calf.

I tried to run again yesterday but after 1 min the pain came back, i can walk fast without feeling any pain, but as soon as i start to run it come back.

It's driving me insane not to be able to run, any tips on how i can heal this as fast as possible ?

I've got a calf injury at the moment, as well, and it's turning into more of an issue than I'd anticipated. I figured a week or two off it and I could jump right back into things, but even cautious jogs have reaggravated it. I'm not sure whether I'm dealing with a muscle tear or ligament damage or what, but I may have to get it looked at.

Running for me is as much about mental health as it is about physical health, so I hope I'm not laid up for too long. In the meantime, I should look into swimming or another alternative exercise.

Forgot to tape my nipples, **** ouch

This would be much more amusing in the General Chat thread or the Relationship advice thread.

Forgot to tape my nipples, **** ouch

This would be much more amusing in the General Chat thread or the Relationship advice thread.

Well, I don't like to tootel my horn trumpet melodiously in other threads

• Like 2

I can recommend calf guards/compression socks for running and rehab, I use them for every run now as calves seem to really suffer when I dont.

I've been thinking about trying them. Do you have a preferred type/brand?

I can recommend calf guards/compression socks for running and rehab, I use them for every run now as calves seem to really suffer when I dont.

I've been thinking about trying them. Do you have a preferred type/brand?

I like th 2XU socks and calf guards as they seem to be a bit harder wearing than other brands.

Asfor the skins, I have a few pairs of the shorts that I have been wearing all day today actually as my hamstrings have been tight as hell since the weekend.

• Like 1

Doing the Birmingham & Black Country Half again tomorrow morning.

Anyone who lives near the canal, pop down and high five a few sweaty runners :)

Goes from Wolverhampton, through Bilston, Coseley, Tipton, Oldbury, Smethwick, to Brindley Place.

Knee is back to normal ...ran a park/wood run in a pb this morning .......any one using strava app to record distance as im having probs with runkeeper 

I think you'd better asking if anyone doesn't use Strava.

Mike uses common sense.

EDIT. To elaborate: I use a Garmin (and MapMyRun) to work out approximate distances and times for training purposes. That's all you really need, that and what your body is telling you. PBs only matter in races - and the organisers do that for you. People are starting to overthink running - the beauty of which is (unless you're a pro athlete) that it's a simple sport.

Edited by mjmooney

Â