Would you shake Maradona's hand?

PompeyVillan

Would you shake la mano de Dios?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you shake la mano de Dios?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I would french kiss him (the scotch option).

lapal_fan wrote:

if the shoe were on the other foot, would you care if we cheated to win a world cup (linesman?)

he's the most talented football player ever to grace the game, like other football genius's (gazza, stan (lol)) he's had problems with drugs etc etc so whats with all the stupid negativity?

we all love george best and he was a raging alcoholic throughout his life, big deal, he did what he had to do to win a world cup for his country i'd have done the same. And they probably would have beaten us anyway...

What linesman cheated? I dont understand.

Gazza and Stan had mental issues and Bestie was an alcoholic, as was Paul McGrath.

But none of them were CHEATS

i mean one of our world cup final goals which was pretty inconclusive, its all hindsight really, ronaldo dives, does this make him a 'CHEAT'?

Gerrard has gotten penalties for numerous dives including the dive where he got a free kick against us (1st game last season) and scored, does that make him a cheat?

people cheat to get an advantage, its only because it was a world cup final that we all lost that we're moaning.

If we had gone on to win the cup (which we could have done at 1-1) noone would be saying diddlysquat.

I do not shake hands with drug cheats

pretty much rules out every athlete that ever walked the planet then

Butcher has been in Scotland too long with all this bearing grudges for events past .... it happened , it's done , move along

but for me he's only the second greatest player ever , after Puskás

I don't like it when players cheat - our's, their's anyone's.

That's not the (my) point though.

Maradonna spent whatever many years playing genius football at a level so far above the rest, while all the time normal players were trying to kick lumps out of him, because they couldn't stop him any other way. They cheated too, and they didn't handball, they tried to hurt.

I was gutted when he did it - the handball. Watching on the telly I didn't spot it (Doh!) and was cursing Shilton. He then scored a goal of utter genius, and Lineker got one back and then missed a sitter at the end.

Maradona might have little in terms of moral superiority, but in terms of his talent, he was just amazing. To decline to shake the hand of a genius just because he once scored a handball goal is for me, just adding to the side of him that liked doing it and revelled in it, apart from anything else.

There are a few people I wouldn't shake hands with, but he's nowhere near the list.

So because he was particularly good at something it excuses everything else he did?

The man's a swine and will never have my respect.

So because the man did a handball it renders the rest of what he did invalid, and no good?

I'd shake his cock if he asked me too. He's the greatest footballer to ever live, that's worth far more than his wrongdoings.

he did it on drugs, does that not matter or would you shake Ben Johnson's hands as well ?

I'd shake Bob Dylan's hand, I'd have shaken Arthur Conan Doyle's, Lewis Caroll's, Sigmund Freud's or Picasso's.

What's more, I actually like him. Nobody suffered more from his misadventures than he did, and that's as it should be, he's lived a life with more in it than most of us could dream and he keeps on coming back for more.

Who was it that said "We must allow genius it's eccentricities."?

We must allow genius it's eccentricities

Dickens stole that from Van Goethe

People of uncommon abilities generally fall into eccentricities when their sphere of life is not adequate to their abilities.

Scott he gained an advantgae by cheating in sport, dylan and the rest were not competing on a sports field

I think it's truer to say that he gained a disadvantage through cheating himself in sport.

Booze, Cocaine and late nights didn't make Maradona a better player.