"The Wire" or "Band of Brothers"?

maqroll

"The Wire" or "Band of Brothers"?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. "The Wire" or "Band of Brothers"?

• The Wire
    • Band of Brothers

Judging by recent posts, it seems like the general consensus is that these two TV series are among the greatest ever, if not the greatest. I happen to think they are. I just don't know which is better. Nor do I know why it is neccessary to determine which is better. But just for shits and giggles, let us take a poll and see who wins!

I can't vote on this, as I love BoB, but have never seen a single episode of The Wire. I'm into WWII/history, not really into contemporary urban/cop/crime stuff.

Now if you asked me to choose between BoB and Lonesome Dove I'd be in a quandary....

I can't vote on this, as I love BoB, but have never seen a single episode of The Wire. I'm into WWII/history, not really into contemporary urban/cop/crime stuff.

Now if you asked me to choose between BoB and Lonesome Dove I'd be in a quandary....

Haven't seen "The wire" either but voted anyway. :oops: I liked BoB, though, but for me there are better.

Recognise "Lonesome dove" but can't place it. What's it about?

Haven't seen "The wire" either but voted anyway. :oops: I liked BoB, though, but for me there are better.

Recognise "Lonesome dove" but can't place it. What's it about?

Western. TV miniseries. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones. Cattle drive. Based on Larry McMurtry book (also brilliant).

Thought something like that. Don't know if I've seen it or were going to see it. Definitely recognise it. But let's get on with this now. :P
If you don't know whether you've seen it, then you haven't seen it. You'd remember, trust me.

Thought something like that. Don't know if I've seen it or were going to see it. Definitely recognise it. But let's get on with this now. :P
If you don't know whether you've seen it, then you haven't seen it. You'd remember, trust me.

I've been thinking about it and I think it was on swedish television many years ago and I thought about watching it but missed the first episode and when I miss the first episode of a TV-show I never bother to watch the rest either. :?

Wire for me, but both are excellent. As was John Adams, from the same people that brought us Band Of Brothers, which I've just finished watching.

On a side note, I'm currently reading a book by George Pelecanos, one of The Wire writers. It's called the Night Gardener and it's excellent.

Band of Brothers will obviously win because more people have seen it and will vote without even having watched a second of the wire.

Should really have options for only having seen one of them so people that insist on voting can vote for an actual relevant option as if you haven't seen both you really can't vote for one or the other.

Never watched a single second of either.

I strongly suggest you put Band of Brothers on your Christmas list, set aside a day in which you can spend 10 hours on the sofa uninterupted, and watch the lot from start to finish.

Will do exactly that!

I'm offended that there's even a debate about this. I've seen The Wire and I really just don't get what the fuss is about. Band Of Brothers on the other hand is just simply in a class of its own- war drama at its very, very best.

i couldn't vote for Band of brothers due to it's in-accuracies

In the pub in England at the beginning of episode 4 , a soldier needs to score a 'double 7' to win a game of darts. His throw lands nowhere near the outer ring of the board (where the doubles are) but everyone cheers his 'winning dart'

ruined the whole series for me ..........

Â