Band of Brothers fans...

trekka

A British and a German equivalent is needed ASAP. Would be excellent TV. Too bad a German one is close to undoable. No production company would have the balls to do one. A shame since there are some really, really interesting stories to tell from the German side.

A British and a German equivalent is needed ASAP. Would be excellent TV. Too bad a German one is close to undoable. No production company would have the balls to do one. A shame since there are some really, really interesting stories to tell from the German side.

Absolutely. Das Boot being a case in point - great film. Every time I watch it I'm reminded of how appalling it must have been to fight, or indeed live through, WW2, on either side. I'm also reminded of the Das Boot fruit machine scene in Phoenix Nights.

Loved BoB too by the way. Especially the interviews with the old boys at the end. Moving beyond belief - I don't think any series has ever affected me as much as that one.

I've often thought another Ambrose book, Pegasus Bridge, would make a good British forces based mini-series, 3 or 4 episodes would do it I think.

Hmm from the same makers as Band of Brothers hey?

One director who directed one episode of Band of Brothers.

Hanks and Spielberg were the driving force behind Band of Brothers in particular Hanks, they are nowhere to be see it seems.

Could be a poor cash in :(

I was living in Hungary at the time this came on TV but someone videoed it for me and sent it over ... I thought it was a great series ....

But made me think back to my younger years ..did anyone ever watch Anzac's .. very similar sort of feel to it , set in WWI .... It had Paul Hogan in it probably before he was really famous over here

I've often thought another Ambrose book, Pegasus Bridge, would make a good British forces based mini-series, 3 or 4 episodes would do it I think.

Fantastic shout Santa, Major John Howard and the 43rd & 52nd Ox's and Buck's Light Infantry were the very first blokes to get their boots on the ground on D- Day, but because D-Day has been 'done' in BoB I doubt they would do it again.

If anyone was to do a UK version it would probably work best focused on Eighth Army going through North Africa, Sicily and Italy.

Fantastic shout Santa, Major John Howard and the 43rd & 52nd Ox's and Buck's Light Infantry were the very first blokes to get their boots on the ground on D- Day

Or indeed there arses when they were catapulted out of the gliders and knocked unconscious, before getting up and getting stuck in to the bridge defences. Astonishingly brave men. I went to Pegasus Bridge once as a kid and, while I can't remember any details about it, I do recall it feeling like a special place. Must go back there one day.

Fantastic shout Santa, Major John Howard and the 43rd & 52nd Ox's and Buck's Light Infantry were the very first blokes to get their boots on the ground on D- Day

Or indeed there arses when they were catapulted out of the gliders and knocked unconscious, before getting up and getting stuck in to the bridge defences. Astonishingly brave men. I went to Pegasus Bridge once as a kid and, while I can't remember any details about it, I do recall it feeling like a special place. Must go back there one day.

First guy to get killed on the bridge, Lt Den Brotheridge was a Brummie.

Brilliant place to visit, great museum with a full size replica Horsa glider in the grounds, was there last year.

So are Spielberg and Hanks not involved at all in this one Jez?

I cannot find anything that they are involved no.

Well Hanks and Speilberg are Executive Producers (according to IMDB) so they have some hand in it.

On a seperate note, it was bloody brill getting back into it last night (even if I was sleepy eyed at work this morning). For those who haven't seen it before...if you enjoyed the first episode, well, you haven't seen anything yet. You'll be in tears at some scenes and on others you'll be on the edge of your seats. Most of all, you'll feel like you know every single one of those brave souls inside and out by the time the series has ended.

I thought Saving Private Ryan was good, but this is on a whole new level.

Â