Band of Brothers fans...

trekka

• 3 months later...

Just discovered this is still on Virgin On Demand so have watched episode one.........but as a previous posters says, only 9 episodes.

Will have to find episode 10 elsewhere ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching Band of Brothers today.......what a quality production. Episode 9 was particularly powerful.

Damian Lewis put on an excellent American accent

Are there hot women in it? Because if not...

Having checked IMDB and Wiki, it appears Isabel Lucas will be in it (the hot decepticon from the new transformers movie).

ISABEL+LUCAS+3.jpg

So in answer to your question...you're **** right theres hot women in it :lol:

Band of Brothers is AWSOME!!

I have lost count how many times i've seen it! Got the box set but even if it's on the telly I still make sure it tune in.

Part 9 - Why we fight... emotional shit!

Good news if they are doing another one. Have too keep the same format... wont beat the original one tho!

Shifty Powers, one of the guys portrayed in Band of Brothers, just passed away a couple weeks ago.

How these lads lived so long is amazing. Going through so much shit and loads of them are still going strong at 90+. Going through hard shit must make your body stronger I guess

• 6 months later...

It's a good show, I just hate the way they make the Brits out to be useless fools.

The one scene in particular that irks me is when a group of British tanks are moving into a town occupied by the Germans. The Yanks know where a few German tanks are hiding but instead of saying to the Brits "They're under that haystack RIGHT THERE" they just wave in the general direction instead.

Cue the lovable bumbling Brits saying "Derp I can't see where they are" and promptly getting owned.

I watched the first 9 episodes again over the weekend on Virgin last chance, but they removed it before I could get the final 2. The guy they got to play "Wild Bill" Guarnere was inspired casting. Brings a lump to my throat every time I see one of those interviews.

Hmm, some real lump in throat moments in the series.

Seeing Winters (the real one) and the other soldiers break down, nearly brought me to tears. And the episode when they find the Concentration Camp is very powerful.

Â