Band of Brothers fans...

trekka

The bits that get me are the small sequences in it.

Guarnere with his leg blown to smithereens and sobbing 'I gotta get up, I gotta get up.' Brilliant acting.

Liebgott and his speech to the camp victims gets a lump started right in the throat.

The cast/casting is brilliant in this.

• 1 month later...

Yep, this look sgood but no Sky Movies for me, which is a shame because I would have enjoyed getting it in glorious HD without having to DL it.

But I've never seen BoB either so i need to watch that first!

But I've never seen BoB either so i need to watch that first!

You've not lived my friend...truely magnificent.

If your into the war genre then it is a must see, you can get the box set for about £20-£30 quid now, well worth just dedicating a Sunday to.

I know I know. Just one of those things that I know I'd love, I've just never ended up watching it. My mate has the box set so I'll borrow it off him one weekend and plough through it.

I saw episode 1 on Sunday night......

It was okay....BoB did an excellent job of defining all the main characters in the first episode....in this, they didn't.

I guess comparing it to BoB is unfair, but it's inevitable.

It was decent stuff, but it could be a lot better. I'm hoping so.

I think the first two episodes are supposed to be the weakest. We don't get to know the characters through their boot camp experience like we did in Band of Brothers. That type of episode probably wouldn't have worked for this as Basilone was already in the military and Sledge hasn't joined yet, but they should've provided a bit more background. We did get a taste of the brutality to come though, and I noticed they got the 'decapitated head with a severed dick shoved in its mouth' scene in pretty quickly.

I noticed they got the 'decapitated head with a severed dick shoved in its mouth' scene in pretty quickly.

WTF is all that about? :shock:

Never read a war book? It's been a common practice since war began.

I noticed they got the 'decapitated head with a severed dick shoved in its mouth' scene in pretty quickly.

WTF is all that about? :shock:

Never read a war book? It's been a common practice since war began.

Never heard that one before.

Â