Who should win Sports Personality of the Year?

paddy

Who should win sports personality of the year?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win sports personality of the year?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Rebecca Adlington
    • Andy Murray
    • Chris Hoy
    • David Weir
    • Rebecca Romero
    • Eleanor Simmonds
    • Ben Ainslie
    • Joe Calgazhe
    • Victoria Pendleton

Well for once British sports people have actually done well so we don't have to pick from a bunch of losers.

Note, this is who SHOULD win, not who you think WILL win. I'm sure I've left someone obvious out the poll so I apologise, if a mod could add them when it becomes obvious.

I went for Chris Hoy as I think his achievement was outstanding.

However Lewis will win it, and to be fair that's not a bad thing at all, he deserves it, I just think Hoy is a bit more deserving.

Hamilton will win it. There is no debate.

But I voted for Hoy as while Hamilton's achievement is outstanding it owes in no small part to the car as with Hoy's achievement is down to pure personal brilliance.

Hamilton may be the youngest F1 World Title winner ever but Hoy did something no Brit has done in 100 years.

And I'm a huge Hamilton fan.

Hamilton for me. His achievements were outstanding in a car which is in many respects inferior to the major competition. Add to the fact that he triumphed over adversity following some very dodgy penalties this season and diplomatically refused to challenge the result of last years final race where he lost the title and you have a very decent and humble champion.

Chris Hoy's achievements were amazing also but this is Sports Personality.

I don't know who David Weir or Eleanor Simmonds are.

Paralympians. Ellie Simmonds won something like 3 gold medals at a stupidly young age, 14 maybe?

Cheers. For me paralympians are to some extent not at the same level as non-disabled athletes, not in their commitment or efforts, but in the the way that success in the sport seems to be decided as much by those who quantify and classify disability as those who take part.

Paralympians. Ellie Simmonds won something like 3 gold medals at a stupidly young age, 14 maybe?
Cheers. For me paralympians are to some extent not at the same level as non-disabled athletes, not in their commitment or efforts, but in the the way that success in the sport seems to be decided as much by those who quantify and classify disability as thos who take part.
In the same way that rebecca adlington shouldn't be considered cos if she was any good she'd be competing against blokes.

Cheers. For me paralympians are to some extent not at the same level as non-disabled athletes, not in their commitment or efforts, but in the the way that success in the sport seems to be decided as much by those who quantify and classify disability as thos who take part.
In the same way that rebecca adlington shouldn't be considered cos if she was any good she'd be competing against blokes.

No.

Bit confused by the list; the BBC are suggesting some other names and I am not sure where Rob Hayles comes into this (not selected for Beijing); or have I missed someting?

I think Hamilton will win it.

Personally I would like Rebecca Addlington to win it. On this male centric board, its far to easy to gloss over women’s sport as being irrelevant and crap; Addlington proves otherwise. She won two gold medals, and in the 800 metres, broke one of the longest standing records in the pool. I think her winning will send out the positive signs to young girls. Hoy’s achievements are incredible and would be my personal second favourite. Think Nicole Cooke who won the double would be another good choice; but like Addlington has less chance because she doesn’t look ‘fantastic’

Â