Who should win Sports Personality of the Year?

paddy

Who should win sports personality of the year?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win sports personality of the year?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Rebecca Adlington
    • Andy Murray
    • Chris Hoy
    • David Weir
    • Rebecca Romero
    • Eleanor Simmonds
    • Ben Ainslie
    • Joe Calgazhe
    • Victoria Pendleton

more serious question.

rebecca adlington - would you?

Oh go on then :D

What about Alex Ferguson for the Sports personality.League and Champs league...

Only a thought

Fergie on the BBC?! :lol:

Manure will win sports team of the year, little doubt about that.

I think that is going to the cycling team from the Olympics

I think that is going to the cycling team from the Olympics

Don't team GB count as a team? Or are they just a bunch of individuals. I don't know how the team award works to be honest.

I voted Adlington. Her achievements are tremendous and she comes across as a really down to earth lass, a great role model for young people and someone we can all feel proud of. Dunno whether I would though, maybe, she has won a gold medal innit? Something to tell yer mates.

I think the important factor here is the 'personality' rather than the achievement. Hamilton is a bit egotistical and Murray needs a personality transplant (imagine having a pint with the bloke, it would be awful!). Hoy is a good candidate.

I think the important factor here is the 'personality' rather than the achievement

You realise it's called that because calling it "Sports man or woman of the year" would sound stupid don't you?

It's personality as in either gender. Rather than personality as in "ah he's got a cracking personality". Otherwise Martin O'Neill would stand a great chance of winning it.

I think the important factor here is the 'personality' rather than the achievement

You realise it's called that because calling it "Sports man or woman of the year" would sound stupid don't you?

It's personality as in either gender. Rather than personality as in "ah he's got a cracking personality". Otherwise Martin O'Neill would stand a great chance of winning it.

personal;ity - previous winner - Nigel Mansell - nuff said

this is why Victoria should be on the list

cycling0504_468x434.jpg

Do you mean 'cos she uses Mavic instead of Zipp or Corima Ian? You surely dont mean because she looks slightly 'rude' do you :D

Anyway - team should be 4 man Team Pursuiters of Manning, Wiggins, Thomas & Clancy. World Champs and record holders + Olympic Champs and record holders - trained by a Villa supporter(Shane Sutton) and one of them comes from Birmingham - thats it !!

Torn between Lewis and Chris Hoy, but in the end I went for Lewis, what he has achieved really is amazing. Not to take anything away from Chris Hoy what he achieved was also amazing however winning 3 medals isn't new at the olympics whereas becoming the youngest ever Formula 1 champion really is something special.

Guest Ricardomeister

I would probably vote for Rebecca Adlington, who not only did fantastically at the Olympics but she seems very level headed and I agree with PompeyVillan a great role model. However I must admit to having the hots for Victoria Pendleton big time! She easily won the only event she was allowed to compete in at the Olympics but has just won 3 events at the World Cup Classic and she is not only intelligent and down to earth but gorgeous too! I would put Chris Hoy in the top 3 but I would rather have an English winner! Hamilton did very well but I would rather not vote for a tax exile.

the problems the olympians have is that many of them did really well, and they tend to get banded together at "team GB" or the olympics medal lot.

it's difficult to single out 1 person from the number who did really well above all others, in the swimming and the velodrome especially.

The cycling team, as a team, did superby, and i'm not sure we should be singling one person from that team out.

For that reason amongst others, I go for Lew.

Its the message it sends out. Yes Hamilton’s victory is amazing, and his rise to stardom from where he comes from is unbeliveable. BUT; how many people really can hopefully aspire to that? Well firstly half the population can’t; haven’t seen women do it. Stuff like swimming, cycling, athletics (Christine Ohuruogu is one of the nominees) are stuff we can all do. F1 remains and will always be by its nature an elitist sport (nothing wrong with that), the others are things that five years old can take up and be inspired by. This is what the Olympics are about. Its about those people who have watched Boardman in Barcelona and now are rising to the top. People who watched Sally Gunnell and are now rising to the top. But its not just that its about people actually swimming or running or cycling just for fun. Coe has talked about a ‘legacy’; what is the legacy we want to leave?

We have a massive problem with sport and getting children to do it; particularly amongst girls, we need positive messages, not the same ones. I think Hamilton is deserving of it, and in any normal year he would be a clear winner. This year is different; people like Hoy or Addlington offer the real hope for young.

Chris Hoy should win it - a triple Gold in the Olympics as well as other golds in previous Olympics, being integral in making cycling a more popular sport and for being a great ambassador to the sport and GB.

I think Lewis will win it though (more recent victory etc) with Hoy second and the word removed, Murray unfortunately in third. (unless the girly vote sees Adlington appear on the podium!)

Â