Ipswich Town

AVTuco

I'm quite pleased Ipswich is back to highest level. A proper football club.

I have great memories from the 1980-81 season. Ipswich was second after a season long battle with Villa. Still remember Paul Mariner and John Wark, among others.

Welcome back Ipswich! Let's make 2024-25 as good as 1980-81!

• Like 2

As long as we beat them.

And no giving them the first game against us, Premier League Fixture Computer.

Let some other word removed have that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

As long as we beat them.

And no giving them the first game against us, Premier League Fixture Computer.

Let some other word removed have that.

Of course we will. They have no chance. But I have nothing against them.

Amazing job by Kieran McKenna. I thought they'd challenge for the play offs but getting 96 points is ridiculous. Most other seasons and that wins the league.

They've got some good attacking players who'll surprise the premier league but need to strengthen in central midfield as Sam Morsy and Luongo won't quite cut it. CBs and keeper don't look great either but I think with the new ownership they'll spend a decent mount on 4-5 experienced players.

Remind me of Brighton coming up in 2017 so potential is there with them to stay up and kick on.

I don't really recall us playing them when we were in the Championship. Were they in 3rd tier then?

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I don't really recall us playing them when we were in the Championship. Were they in 3rd tier then?

I vaguely remember a 0-0 draw with them 

• Like 1

23 teams, hard to keep track 😃 

I also could only watch dodgy hesgoal streams at best, so probably never watched us vs them those years, at least at Ipswich. 

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Were there for all three seasons. Could be wrong but think all three at Ipswich were draws? Lambert managed them for a few months when they went down in 18/19 which was a bizarre appointment given he managed Norwich.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I remember them beating us

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I hope Norwich win promotion just for the derby games.

After today you might be a lone Villa fan hoping them clowns coming up 😂

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I vaguely remember a 0-0 draw with them 

I remember going to that game at Portman Road. I remember the whole day, except the game itself. I remember absolutely nothing from the time we left the pub to getting back on the coach.

I'm pretty sure it was the most boring Villa game I've been to.

Still, only 3 months to wait until our inevitable opening game of the season at newly promoted Ipswich.

• Haha 1

I recall us losing 0 - 1 at home to them a few seasons ago. They had one shot on target and it went in. They were managed by Mick mcCarthey. It was a dreadful game.

I now live 45 mins away from Ipswich and they are all coming out of the woodwork now.

In the dark days of the 1970's I have never forgotten nor forgiven them singing about the IRA a few days later after the Birmingham pub bombings when we played them at their place.

I know times have changed but I hope the wheels fall off their sodding tractor next season and go straight down with less points than Sheffield United 

Got a soft spot for Ipswich, as I've mentioned on here a few times. Used to see a nymphomaniac podium dancer who lived there. Spent many an action packed weekend there. 

Good times. 

• Haha 3

Â