Posted (edited)

Time for another Emi master class and shithousery

Edited by Pinebro

4 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Olymbiakós SFP (GRE) - Aston Villa FC (ENG)
Referee: Felix Zwayer GER
Assistant Referee 1: Stefan Lupp GER
Assistant Referee 2: Marco Achmüller GER
Fourth Official: Glenn Nyberg SWE
Video Assistant Referee: Bastian Dankert GER
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Tiago Martins POR
UEFA Referee Observer: Rune Pedersen NOR
UEFA Delegate: Fernand Meese BEL

I'm pretty sure that ref was done for match-fixing?

Yes, he was. 6 month ban.

I know this because he was also shit i  one of West Ham's game last season and it came out in the post match furore.

He's a corrupt ref, and a notoriously crap arrogant one too. We're f%£ked if we got on the wrong side of him. And we no doubt will when he gives some dubious decisions their way. He'll let us implode after a few basic errors.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yes, he was. 6 month ban.

I know this because he was also shit i  one of West Ham's game last season and it came out in the post match furore.

He's a corrupt ref, and a notoriously crap arrogant one too. We're f%£ked if we got on the wrong side of him. And we no doubt will when he gives some dubious decisions their way. He'll let us implode after a few basic errors.

Brilliant.... tie over then

Assigning this referee for the away game after what went down last Thursday with the Italian is like adding insult to injury...

Here's hoping that Villa will once again be prepared to rise to any and all challenges, whether these may be thrown by Olympiacos' players/fans or by the ref!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Dunno how someone who has served a 6 month ban for accepting bribes can still be an elite level UEFA ref. Just baffling!

You have your answer. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Mafia boss owner and bent referee.

I called it days ago. I knew this would happen.

Send the kids. Seriously.

There's no way we will be allowed to win even if we could somehow find the energy to play.

It was bad enough last week and that was at home!

This same corrupt owner accused VAR of being a Luton fan last week remember.

Oh well, saves me staying up til 4am again to watch it!

Edited by GlobalVillan

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What did their owner say? I've not seen the tweet as every account I've seen that shared it had a broken link. 

Here's a general rule of thumb when it comes to predicting what every Oly fan/player/official would most likely say regarding someone about to officiate any of their matches: "He will definitely be 90% against us, but we shall win anyway!"

THIS is their mentality...

Any ref who is not 100% in their favour, is "against" them by definition...

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been shared recently, but in case people wanted a long read to understand the scale of Marinakis' (alleged) practices, feel free to read this:

https://newrepublic.com/article/159252/noor-one-vampire-ship-heroin-turkey-greece-corruption-scandal

Oh, and of course this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Greek_football_match-fixing_scandal#:~:text=All suspects cleared of wrongdoing,the defendants in the case.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Shocked 1

Not only was the ref banned for match fixing, but he is VERY card happy. Were I more of a betting man, I am certain we'll see a red card here.

Odds definitely against us. Just hope we have one final push in the tank.

I mean, if it means we can win the tie, I’m all for having a whip round to see if we can buy this ref? I reckon a tenner each in VT and we can get him to give a couple of penalties and a red card for them?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Time for another Emi master class and shithousery

Need to score two without reply for that to start being useful though and they have the knack for scoring

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The referee choice makes me very concerned 

Yeah, hopefully our brown envelope was much bigger than theirs.

• Haha 2