Unai Emery - Records achieved/broken

MaVilla

Most consecutive wins at home in the PL era. 

Least handshakes per match given to the opposition management. 

Most wins in a season 

Most points per game average of any Villa manager ever

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Most consecutive wins at home in the PL era. 

Least handshakes per match given to the opposition management. 

Most wins in a season 

Most points per game average of any Villa manager ever

got the specifics?

ie: the number of consecutive wins, the number of most wins in a season etc etc.

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Unai Emery records and key achievements at Villa:

• Finished above Man Utd in the PL for the first time since XXX?.

1989/90 I think.

• Like 2

https://www.astonvilla.news/match-coverage/unai-emery-just-broke-aston-villa-record-that-not-even-george-ramsey-or-graham-taylor-managed/

Against Fulham, the boss recorded his 50th Premier League fixture in charge of the claret and blues, setting a new club record for success at that milestone.

Recording 30 wins, eight draws and 12 defeats, Emery has a 60% win percentage which sees him record five more wins and nine more points than any other Villa manager after 50 league games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

First manager since 1982 to progress Villa to a European semi

2001 - Last time we won an European trophy, and we did progress to the semi and final.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

2001 - Last time we won an European trophy, and we did progress to the semi and final.

Intertoto?

That wasnt really a competition, it was a knockout competition to qualify for the actual competition teams wanted to play in (to qualify for UEFA Cup).

I wouldnt count that as a genuine cup win (in the sense of we can say proudly we have "won a European trophy").

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Intertoto?

That wasnt really a competition, it was a knockout competition to qualify for the actual competition teams wanted to play in (to qualify for UEFA Cup).

I wouldnt count that as a genuine cup win (in the sense of we can say proudly we have "won a European trophy").

Last season there were a lot of fans that wanted us to finish 8th to avoid the Conference League, because it wasn’t a real European competition, and it would distract us from getting in to one of the real ones. The real competition everybody wants to play in is Champions League. Europa League is a knockout competition to qualify for the real deal.

If you are speaking to a Newcastle fan it is a must mentioning since they lost their final to Troyes that year. Who has even heard about Troyes?

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Hey, i didnt want this to get lost in the usual Unai Emery thread, Emery is racking up a big list of "first time since X, most ever Y etc" at Villa, so i wanted to dedicate a thread to list his Villa specific achievements.

I will add a bullet pointed list of records broken or events since X date here, so please post his records in this thread and i will transfer it to this post, so we can keep a track of his amazing amount of record breaking.....

Start posting them VT'ers....

Unai Emery records and key achievements at Villa:

• Most Home Points in the PL era (39), 2023/24 season.
  • First time Villa have finished above Man Utd in the PL era, 23/24 season.
  • First win over Man Utd at Villa Park in 27 years (achieved Nov 2022, last time achieved 1995).
  • Most consecutive home wins (15), spread between the 22/23 and 23/24 season.
  • 20 PL wins in a single season (23/24), for the first time since 1992/93.
  • First time Villa have finished in the top 5 (23/24) of the PL since 1996/97.
  • Highest Points per game average of any Manager in Aston Villa history (1.91), second in the list is John Gregory (1.55), as of 28.04.24. (not sure if Gregory is right.....i would imagine that would be Ramsay second if the points were factored correctly?)
  • Highest win % of any Aston Villa Manager (59.3%), second in the list is George Ramsay (49.6% - 1884 to 1926), as of 28.04 24.
  • First Manager since 1982 to take Villa to a European competition semi-final (23/24)
  • Most wins recorded after first 50 games (30), next best was 25 wins after first 50 games.
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

I once wrote a list of negative records broken under Lambert. It was extensive. Really terrible times.  140 year old negative records being smashed. 

So refreshing to have a positive story unfolding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

That doesn’t count

42 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Last season there were a lot of fans that wanted us to finish 8th to avoid the Conference League, because it wasn’t a real European competition, and it would distract us from getting in to one of the real ones. The real competition everybody wants to play in is Champions League. Europa League is a knockout competition to qualify for the real deal.

If you are speaking to a Newcastle fan it is a must mentioning since they lost their final to Troyes that year. Who has even heard about Troyes?

yeah, but the intertoto literally isnt/wasnt a genuine competition, people can not like the Conference League, but its a genuine European competition, intertoto was a just a set of qualifying rounds where the "winner" qualified for the competition proper.

This is also shown by the fact that intertoto was started pre-season and finished very early in the season, to allow the qualifiers to enter the UEFA Cup proper.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

yeah, but the intertoto literally isnt/wasnt a genuine competition, people can not like the Conference League, but its a genuine European competition, intertoto was a just a set of qualifying rounds where the "winner" qualified for the competition proper.

This is also shown by the fact that intertoto was started pre-season and finished very early in the season, to allow the qualifiers to enter the UEFA Cup proper.

Intertoto as the name indicates was actually setup so that people could bet on football games over summer period. It's a glorified pre-season tournament that you qualified via league (so bit more worth than pre-season tournaments)  and did have a chance to qualify to UEFA Cup at later point. 

I think Conference League gained prestige with big sides so far winning, but especially our run will be remembered by beating some classic football sides in Ajax, Lille, and hopefully Olympiacos and Bruge/Fiorentina. were 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Most points in a 38 game Premier League season.  We got 63 points last time we came 4th in 95/96.

Most points ever in the 42 game season averaged to 67 over 38 games, so can beat that as well

• Like 1

Â