• Durán (McGinn 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Stuttering pens shouldn’t be allowed  

Many do it....but I agree.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

What a match, what a ride. That referee though, surely that's his career over. Just watched the shootout again and the bit where he goes up to Dougie as if to tell him to take it, and Dougie has to remind him he hasn't blown his whistle yet... absolutely farcical.

My initial thought was Ref was just distracting him from taking the pen with his constant talking, and Dougie just told him to just blow the whistle so he can get on with

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jim said:

Amazing but what a dog shit performance 

it was Jim....but it still ended 3-3 for all the praise they got, and the time off to help them.

With a depleted squad, and arduous, league games....these boys deserve a lot of credit.

I was frustrated with some of the play....but tempered those thoughts with the circumstances.....it was a determined effort, if not refined.

We are the only man left standing.....I think our league shows how it takes it out of them.....and unlike other national authorities, our lot ( EFL)don't help, our teams

The last few games have shown a bucket load of character, fight and determination.....I was actually proud of them, over these games.

I often talk on here of the basic arts, which some folk think are a given......well, they are not, but our boys showed they have it.

The lads showed great spirit, led by an unbelievable goalkeeper.

PS The Run in, and the final in 1982 showed some nervy moments, too......but the records only show the win....it's all that matters.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Never in doubt was it?;) Dibu was not going to ever be on the losing side of that penalty shoot out. Matty had a great return to the team, scoring twice. Top teams find a way to win, even on their "off" nights. It continues :flag:we're flying the flag, all the way to Athens and we will be running round the Bull Ring with the cup:

pete fincham (@FinchamPete) / X

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

He has to be the most hated man in France with his trademark shithouseary 🤣🤣🤣

it's a toss up, between Emi and Nigel Farage.

16 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think I aged 20 years today. Someone hand me a cane. 

so you look 90 now?🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Lucky! But who gives a **** x

There is no asterisk in the records referring to luck.

It's a natural part of the game, that every team is gifted with.....We could be deemed lucky in 1982 too.

but I don't think any other team, is bothered by it.....they just accept it....so should we.

18 hours ago, TomC said:

He was also at fault for Lille's first goal.

so was Cash......correction.

sorry, I meant the second.

but Luiz was partly at fault for the 1st, too.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m drained after that 

Emi showed why he is number one in the world , but it’s hard to decide who committed the biggest robbery this week , Villa or Madrid

I’m still stunned by this referee I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so inept and out of his depth in his job since Gordon Brown was PM

Emi cost us with his antics at Brentford and for a moment I thought he had cost us again , but obviously he knew the rules and had it in hand ….It always makes me smile  how aggressive and passionate the French can be when it comes to football … yet when it comes to war they wave the white  flag within days

something to do with consequences.😅

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Let's be honest if he had any balls he would have sent Emi off in extra time when he was holding onto the ball for 15 seconds at a time.

Let's not pretend.

I want to....because I have seen so many teams against us getting away with things over the years.....I ignore it now when we do it.

it's called pay back time.

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Wibble wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble

18 wibbles eh.....what does 19 constitute.

16 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

10 yellow cards, I don't remember one bad foul

it was unnecessary....but I still think the big decisions, he come down on our side....The penalty claim, and the impeded goalkeeper.......i have seen things like that given against us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tinker said:

It was unbelievable tbh and it makes me question our desire to play in Europe and expose ourselves to these types of officials.

Up until yesterday I thought the Euro refs were miles better than Prem refs.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Up until yesterday I thought the Euro refs were miles better than Prem refs.

I watched the West ham game as well and he was bad, not quite as bad but bad.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

it was unnecessary....but I still think the big decisions, he come down on our side....The penalty claim, and the impeded goalkeeper.......i have seen things like that given against us.

They was taken out of his hands and went to var. Duran never got near their keeper,  it was their own player. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yep, this is why I voted "Poor" and not "Very Poor". Even if the guy was very poor! 

You know a ref is unstable when he puffs his chest out and prances as he holds the card up. Total power trip.

Â