Birmingham Airport incident - 16th April

OutByEaster?

Re-opened already apparently.

An Air Lingus flight was found to have something suspicious on board and forced to land at Birmingham - passengers were evacuated, plane surrounded by police, airport closed and the bomb squad boarded.

False alarm - nothing that would go bang.

Reports suggest that a mobile phone was not put onto flight mode and a tray table was not put into the upright position during takeoff   

The people responsible were shot in the head by Police marksmen. 

Another 911 has been prevented. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

An Air Lingus flight was found to have something suspicious on board and forced to land at Birmingham - passengers were evacuated, plane surrounded by police, airport closed and the bomb squad boarded.

False alarm - nothing that would go bang.

Back in the 1980s, my wife's office was evacuated when a mysterious parcel arrived from Ireland, exhibiting greasy patches and a slight smell of almonds (both apparently signs of certain plastic explosives). The bomb squad were called, and a controlled explosion carried out in the car park. 

Turkish delight everywhere. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Reports suggest that a mobile phone was not put onto flight mode and a tray table was not put into the upright position during takeoff   

The people responsible were shot in the head by Police marksmen. 

Another 911 has been prevented.

I heard someone brought a 125ml tube of toothpaste on-board. **** monsters.

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Back in the 1980s, my wife's office was evacuated when a mysterious parcel arrived from Ireland, exhibiting greasy patches and a slight smell of almonds (both apparently signs of certain plastic explosives). The bomb squad were called, and a controlled explosion carried out in the car park. 

Turkish delight everywhere. 

The best thing you can do to Turkish Delight is blow it to smithereens

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

So the rumour is that it was a suitcase, a suitcase that looked like a bomb,, in fact a suitcase that deliberately looked like a bomb... because it was the suitcase they use for training of such incidents, that was accidentally left on the aircraft

That reminded me of the time Old Trafford was evacuated before a game because someone left one of the fake bombs they use for training partially hidden only to be found by a member of the public.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â