Midweek Football 1/4 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Like I said this week other than Forest at home what of the next 6 including today look like easy fixtures for Spuds

Burnley at home and Sheff Utd Away

• Like 1

Just looked a bit of a tired encounter. 2 points dropped by Spurs. We still hold the slight  advantage even if we loose tomorrow. Points on the board at this stage 

7 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I understand the Wet Spam fans wanting Moyes out, the football is dreadful. A draw a decent result for Villa though.

They forget West Ham are shit though. They should know that. Every time they get above their station and sack a solid manager they slide down the table and panic hire someone like Allerdyce.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just looked a bit of a tired encounter. 2 points dropped by Spurs. We still hold the slight  advantage even if we loose tomorrow. Points on the board at this stage 

To be fair we also drew with West Ham just 2 matches ago so perhaps I would say a draw at Europa chasing West Ham is a reasonable result for a team chasing top 4 rather than ‘2 points dropped’. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Like I said this week other than Forest at home what of the next 6 including today look like easy fixtures for Spuds

Forest won't be easy. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Good news if Spurs are starting to look leggy despite barely playing any cup games. They'll drop plenty of points in April simply due to the quality of opponent they'll be facing every 3-4 days.

Heart was in my mouth with that Udogie chance at the end though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They forget West Ham are shit though. They should know that. Every time they get above their station and sack a solid manager they slide down the table and panic hire someone like Allerdyce.

It’s pretty similar to when our fans wanted Martin O’Neil out really. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

To be fair we also drew with West Ham just 2 matches ago so perhaps I would say a draw at Europa chasing West Ham is a reasonable result for a team chasing top 4 rather than ‘2 points dropped’. 

Spurs aren’t playing European football are they? 

Just now, LondonLax said:

Not a few days after that 4-3 loss though. West ham were tired and there for the taking. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I understand the Wet Spam fans wanting Moyes out, the football is dreadful. A draw a decent result for Villa though.

I have this conversation with the ‘ammers at work all the time. I know it’s not the prettiest to watch but given they lost Rice in the summer, they’re still vastly outperforming in the league compared to last season.
They want him out regardless. I guess they’ll find out how good Moyes was when they replace him. 

Edited by choffer
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Indeed so their fixtures are not great until last 2

Burnley drew at Chelsea with 10 men. They shouid batter Sheffield United though 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Spurs will score late goal doom mongers took one helllllllll of a beating

Great use of the Cundy catchphrase!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can see bleating online from the Spurs nuggets about villa having to play Man City next, forgetting they have to play arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle away which I can easy see them only getting 1-2 points from.

• Like 1

Â