Match Thread: UECL16: Ajax v Villa

limpid

Probably no harm in pulling Tim here, even if it's a cramp. He put in 70 minutes and we didn't concede, nor did he vomit on the pitch (in view of cameras at least).

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Yeah that’s it, in the modern era, he’s probably the best in the world right now, and at least in the last 30 odd years I don’t think we’ve had a better one. 

I think it's interesting comparing him to our other decent keepers. I think our 2 and 3 in the PL era (and it's not me buying into the football began in '92 thing, I just didn't watch us any earlier) would probably be Bosnich and  Friedel. I think both could probably get close to Martinez for pure shot stopping. But can you imagine them playing it out from the back? I'd shit myself.

Just now, villa89 said:

How's he cramping up? Done nothing all game. Maybe it's all the shadows he was chasing. 

To be fair, if there's anything the best advert in history taught me, is that every step up in league play features getting embarrassed in your first game (after somebody aggressively nods their head toward your locker/the pitch/etc).

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

Probably no harm in pulling Tim here, even if it's a cramp. He put in 70 minutes and we didn't concede, nor did he vomit on the pitch (in view of cameras at least).

When did he do that?

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

I waited all week to watch this 😥 

My own fault as European first legs are always such turgid affairs.

Oh, Brighton 3-0 down as well.

Sparta Prague 1-4 Liverpool
Qarabag 2-1 Leverkusen
Roma 4-0 Brighton
Olympiakos 1-3 Maccabi Tel Aviv
Sturm Graz 0-3 Lille

Apparently, they're normally quite good :D 

Just now, Quofan said:

When did he do that?

I don't know, that's why I said at least he didn't vomit in view of cameras.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Zaniolo hatrick incoming. 

A Gordie Howe hat-trick perhaps? Goal, assist and get in a fight.

• Haha 1