Villa Pre Season 24/25 Season

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Seems Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United are touring USA in the summer and all playing each other.  We're aiming for a crowded market. 

Probably that Premier League Summer Series that we took part in last season 

Wonder if we will play Deano's team on this tour, See he won his first game as well yesterday 

Summer Series will not return this year. 

There are enough grifters who put together various friendlies, it’s a crowded market always. The latest iteration is “Leagues Cup Showcase” apparently, so it sounds like MLS has decided it would like to make a run at separating Premier League fans from their money. 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I live in Cincinnati for 3 years and never ate that shit once 🤣

I didn't actually try it but I intend to next time. It sounds disgusting, looking forward to it!

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I didn't actually try it but I intend to next time. It sounds disgusting, looking forward to it!

Make sure you block out 72 hours afterwards to sit on the shitter

• Haha 3

On 23/02/2024 at 15:25, villa4europe said:

Not gonna lie I wanted a game in kobe 

Going back a few years now but don't we have beef with Vissel? They don't mince their words over there.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Just now, wishywashy said:

Interesting.  Are we not going to the USA for the summer series?  Looks like that is what most PL teams are planning.

Borussia Dortmund have announced they will host Aston Villa in a pre-season friendly at the Signal Iduna Park on Saturday, August 10 kick off tbc 

On 24/02/2024 at 12:02, ozvilla28 said:

We're missing a trick not going and trying the Asia markets that's we're the revenue is.

Nobody gives a shit about anyone other than Man United and Liverpool in South East Asia, China and Japan.

Korea is purely Spurs and hardly anyone in these countries will have even heard of Aston Villa.

Even those that have, would never start "supporting" us unless we had players from their country and once they left they would stop and follow the player.

Man City have hardly any representation out here, despite them dominating for years. 

There is no point at all in Villa coming here sadly. None.

Edited by GlobalVillan

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just seen this. holy crap that's tempting.

Having been in the yellow wall more than 30 times for Bundesliga games, I have always wanted to see Villa there. 

Hoped it would be a CL game but still  would be great to go to this.

Borussia will celebrate the season opening ceremony with their fans on 10 August and will mark the occasion with a friendly against the current fifth-placed club in the English Premier League, Aston Villa, at SIGNAL IDUNA PARK.' - Dortmund website.

#AVFC

27 minutes ago, lainux said:

I was in China the other week wearing my villa colours and a local came up to me pointing at my shirt saying she started supporting the villa because of Martinez. The support is coming and Martinez is massive because of the world cup!

Nice anecdote, and you will always get the odd one,  but its way off reality. The numbers are staggering in terms of support for the 2 big red clubs. Even the other r members of the sky 6 dont come anywhere near.

Man cIty are irrelevant out here still. 

Villa will never have a huge Chinese fanbase and neither will any other English club. Its ALL about Man United and Liverpool here. I literally work with all these countries on football matters daily and have done for many years. I know what Im talking about.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andykeenan said:

Borussia Dortmund have announced they will host Aston Villa in a pre-season friendly at the Signal Iduna Park on Saturday, August 10 kick off tbc 

There's an echo in here ;)