Taking a bag to VP - bad idea?

SimonVilla

Hi all,

Haven't been to VP since pre Covid - I'm travelling for this game and will have a bag as I have a long train journey each way.

Is having a bag going to cause an issue/is there anywhere I can safely leave it at the ground? 

Some mild googling suggests other grounds only let you bring in "an A4 sized bag" which isn't going to carry much.

Apologies for the mundane question. Cheers.

16 minutes ago, SimonVilla said:

Hi all,

Haven't been to VP since pre Covid - I'm travelling for this game and will have a bag as I have a long train journey each way.

Is having a bag going to cause an issue/is there anywhere I can safely leave it at the ground? 

Depends if she lets you DHUTWU :trollface:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SimonVilla said:

Hi all,

Some mild googling suggests other grounds only let you bring in "an A4 sized bag" which isn't going to carry much.

Apologies for the mundane question. Cheers.

Depends on the size.

Assuming it's rucksack sized or smaller they'll give it a quick search and let you straight in.
You'll have to keep it with you during the game so a big bag wouldn't be practical, but a smaller bag would be fine

My sister used to join me at games straight from work so she'd always have a rucksack with her. Not massive but certainly bigger than A4. She was fine

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

You don't say in your post but If you're travelling by train i'm assuming you'll be going through New Street?

If so you can leave luggage there. It will be a lot easier for you doing this.

Drop your bags here, go to the match, collect bags after, get on the train. Happy days.

It's a bit of a rip off, but I'd probably do this especially if you've got a laptop, etc in there, the last thing you need is it getting a good kick during the celebrations of our 7th goal.

You can take bags, and you won't be the first person to take a backpack with work stuff in. They will want a rummage inside to make sure it doesn't contain contraband such as explosives, flares, or unauthorised bottle caps. 

The key thing will be that the leg room is shite in most of the ground, and during the game you can kick it under your chair but it'll be a right pain getting up and letting people squeeze through, and depending on where you are sat, the concourses might be a nightmare as well. Not having a bulky bag will make it a bit easier to squeeze back onto the train as well.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

You don't say in your post but If you're travelling by train i'm assuming you'll be going through New Street?

If so you can leave luggage there. It will be a lot easier for you doing this.

Drop your bags here, go to the match, collect bags after, get on the train. Happy days.

Yeah, coming thorough New Street, so I think I'll leave it at the station. What's £12.50 after a £120 train ticket? I'll have to remortgage so I can get a Balti Pie at half time too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SimonVilla said:

Thanks guys. 

Yeah, coming thorough New Street, so I think I'll leave it at the station. What's £12.50 after a £120 train ticket? I'll have to remortgage so I can get a Balti Pie at half time too.

Erm, now for the real bad news.

We don't do Balti pies anymore.  It's vatly inferior Tandoori Pies 😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, SimonVilla said:

Thanks guys. 

You'll have to get in the queue now if you want a pie at half time

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm 38 years old and I've only just learned that "Left Luggage" isn't another name for lost property

This is off at a tangent, but I’m also 38 years old and I had to explain about how airports also have lockers to a youngster I work with. She’s about 22. I then said, you know, like in the plot of Jackie Brown… the Tarantino film… and she had no idea what I was talking about. Sad day! 😂 

• Haha 1

They will search the bag but it’s fine to bring them in. Some of the new stewards can be a bit overzealous, one woman and a bloke asked the experienced steward if I was okay to take my lighter and cigarettes in with me 😅

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you posted this question in half my WhatsApp groups you’d get a very, very different set of responses.. 

Mine too, probably end up with talking about tea bagging. 😂

• Haha 2

On 19/02/2024 at 15:26, SimonVilla said:

Thanks guys. 

How was the pie?

Â