Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much as some people would like as well, we can't simply just tear the team apart in one summer.

We need some sort of continuity and phased change. Both for morale AND performance.

We wont change too much. RB, Central Midfielder, attacking hybrid winger/striker. 

We dont need much else and we will not have loads to spend 

• Like 1

Is he a left sided winger?

image.png.426a9e8b2f96d087eb783f4d5f6c19db.png

Played both LW and RW but in this breakthrough year on the left. Highest rated player in the Championship by all advanced metrics. 30mn would probably do it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So basically any player who is 29 or older 

Basically yes. Anyone in that range needs to e bringing a lot with them (e.g. late stage CL experience) or be on a free I'd say.

As much as some people would like as well, we can't simply just tear the team apart in one summer.

We need some sort of continuity and phased change. Both for morale AND performance.

You're right. I don't think we will. But we will move on fringe players. 

We also need to recruit CL quality too. We simply don't know how good Emi and Ty will be and they need time to reintegrate after serious injuries. To make sure they hit the same levels again and not suffer similar injuries. It will also take JJ time to get back up to speed. 

Unai and Monchi know what is needed in the least disruptive way possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

image.png.426a9e8b2f96d087eb783f4d5f6c19db.png

Played both LW and RW but in this breakthrough year on the left. Highest rated player in the Championship by all advanced metrics. 30mn would probably do it. 

I only watched them a few times but every time I did he looked their best player by a mile.  Always seemed to be on the score sheet. 

If they stay down he'd be a bit of a no brainer for 30m.

Summerville hasn't really impressed me whenever I've seen him play, just runs at defenders with pace and doesn't seem to have an whole lot else to his game. I've genuinely been more impressed by Philogene, who I think looks much more of an all round player.

To sell Philogene for £5m and buy Summerville for £30m would seem crazy to me, especailly when we were meant to have a buyback for Philogene, not that they would actually get £30m, no one will play that

if we gone spend big money on Championship winger then Jonathan Rowe would be way to go

1 minute ago, useless said:

Summerville hasn't really impressed me whenever I've seen him play, just runs at defenders with pace and doesn't seem to have an whole lot else to his game. I've genuinely been more impressed by Philogene, who I think looks much more of an all round player.

To sell Philogene for £5m and buy Summerville for £30m would seem crazy to me, especailly when we were meant to have a buyback for Philogene, not that they would actually get £30m, no one will play that

if we gone spend big money on Championship winger then Jonathan Rowe would be way to go

Usually pace merchant wingers do not accumulate advanced stats that rank them as the clear best player in the league mind you. 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Jaden’s buy back is £15m but only if Hull got promoted. I don't know if it would apply still. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Who do you think we should sign mate?

Defense should be top priority. I'm not keen on either wing back and it's in the air how Mings will return after his horrible injury.

Losing Kamara was another defensive blow, and Douglas Luiz' form dipped quite a bit without him. Another defensive CM would be nice.

As to names, I'd try and swing a loan for Madrid's Nico Paz. With Guler seemingly healthy now and both Kroos and Modric staying (plus Jude, Ceballos, Brahim, Tchou, and Camavinga), they really have no minutes at all for him. Would serve both teams and the player.

Ian Maatsen from Dortmund could be another good option if Chelsea wants to keep shopping him around.

Leipzig's Xavi Simmons (from PSG) apparently isn't assured to return. Would ask around for sure.

Stones from City is reportedly unhappy with Guardiola (no surprise there), he's their best centre back and is the one that plays the least (he's returned from injury for a while now). They already have Ake, Dias, Akanji, and Gvardiol in his place and Kovacic to play as second 5/Rodri's replacement (Gvardiol has played as such too). I'm confident they'd sell him for less than he's worth.

3 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Defense should be top priority. I'm not keen on either wing back and it's in the air how Mings will return after his horrible injury.

Losing Kamara was another defensive blow, and Douglas Luiz' form dipped quite a bit without him. Another defensive CM would be nice.

As to names, I'd try and swing a loan for Madrid's Nico Paz. With Guler seemingly healthy now and both Kroos and Modric staying (plus Jude, Ceballos, Brahim, Tchou, and Camavinga), they really have no minutes at all for him. Would serve both teams and the player.

Ian Maatsen from Dortmund could be another good option if Chelsea wants to keep shopping him around.

Leipzig's Xavi Simmons (from PSG) apparently isn't assured to return. Would ask around for sure.

Stones from City is reportedly unhappy with Guardiola (no surprise there), he's their best centre back and is the one that plays the least (he's returned from injury for a while now). They already have Ake, Dias, Akanji, and Gvardiol in his place and Kovacic to play as second 5/Rodri's replacement (Gvardiol has played as such too). I'm confident they'd sell him for less than he's worth.

Any of Emi’s compatriots we should try and bring in? 🇦🇷 

11 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Some good names there. Stones is on at least £300k pw, so we will probably be looking elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Any of Emi’s compatriots we should try and bring in? 🇦🇷 

Nico Paz was born in Spain but technically plays for us, heh. Rest of Argentina's starting elven is either past their prime or not really gettable for you guys. Copa America in late june might provide some more scouting on our youngsters.  

Exequiel Palacios, rotational starter and super sub, champion with Leverkusen might be a sneaky option. But I really haven't watched him at all in Bundesliga and I actively disliked him way back when he played for Riber, so not fully endorsed.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Some good names there. Stones is on at least £300k pw, so we will probably be looking elsewhere 

Article mentioned he wanted continuity to keep his spot in the national team, might not be an automatic pass due to exorbitant wages, might be willing to discount some.

Just now, Daulmakan said:

Article mentioned he wanted continuity to keep his spot in the national team, might not be an automatic pass due to exorbitant wages, might be willing to discount some.

Will welcome him for sure if he's willing to take a pay cut. Great with his feet and tons of experience. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Nico Paz was born in Spain but technically plays for us, heh. Rest of Argentina's starting elven is either past their prime or not really gettable for you guys. Copa America in late june might provide some more scouting on our youngsters.  

Exequiel Palacios, rotational starter and super sub, champion with Leverkusen might be a sneaky option. But I really haven't watched him at all in Bundesliga and I actively disliked him way back when he played for Riber, so not fully endorsed.

Yeah Palacios has been linked and may be the quality DM we need (with Kamara unavailable for a while but we need depth and competition anyway. Must improve defensively), more difficult to get Leverkusen players now though and valuations will be high… 

Varela at Porto is another we have apparently scouted…

DM and RB are priorities…

Edited by Jas10

I'd have Grealish back in heartbeat. Playing for his boyhood club in the CL under Emery is bound to be an attractive proposition to him and Pep clearly has no trust him. Emery loves his midfielders carrying the ball up the pitch from deep which is what Grealish is perfect at. He's still best mates with McGinn and Watkins. His goals and assists for City last season are dreadful for a player of his calibre - he really is being wasted there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Will welcome him for sure if he's willing to take a pay cut. Great with his feet and tons of experience. 

It could also depend if City are looking rid of him like someone mentioned, they might be prepared to pay him off in salary to leave, and he'd just then fall in line with the other high earners under our current wage structure.

Â