Midweek Football 30/31 January/ 1 February

andykeenan

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

We really need to get our act together and fast or even 5th could slip away 

Imagine it, Villa sublime. United awful.

Then we finish below them

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We really need to get our act together and fast or even 5th could slip away 

We'll be o.k.

Man. United are still too chaotic to do anything.

The model is there, low block them and hammer them on set pieces and quick transitions. It just took Wolves an hour to do anything.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Imagine it, Villa sublime. United awful.

Then we finish below them

Was thinking that.

Worst possible outcome. I'd rather finish 7th as long as it's still above them!!

They are such unbelievably jammy bastards.

The trophies they've won jammily. 

The games they're winning this season jammily.

All helped on by corrupt or bias referees along the way.

They're a **** stain on the English game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

Yep, over 16 games they’ll over take us.

They'll still lose v likes of Man. City, Liverpool, perhaps Chelsea away so not too concerned.

To finish above us they need to go on the sort of run we did at this point last season.

To throw away the points from the position they were in tonight, that's the sort of game that would've got ETH on the brink of the sack and he knew it when it went to 3-3.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll still lose v likes of Man. City, Liverpool, perhaps Chelsea away so not too concerned.

To finish above us they need to go on the sort of run we did at this point last season.

To throw away the points from the position they were in tonight, that's the sort of game that would've got ETH on the brink of the sack and he knew it when it went to 3-3.

Well...that's if we start looking like a football team again. Need to sort that and we'll be fine.

We've played like relegation candidates the last 6 weeks.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Only 8 points in it. They'll finish above us.

It’s not inconceivable we lose to Shef u and United win against Spam and us. Two pints behind us then they play Luton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well...that's if we start looking like a football team again. Need to sort that and we'll be fine.

We've played like relegation candidates the last 6 weeks.

I simply can't believe Unai is just going into morph into any of the British managers we've had in last 25 years who've presided over long winless runs at this stage of the season.

He is far far too good to just do the same thing week after week so I think in next few weeks we'll see variations in our line ups and also tweaks to our on field set up.

Winning comfortably at the week will hopefully settle things down and it needs to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

I simply can't believe Unai is just going into morph into any of the British managers we've had in last 25 years who've presided over long winless runs at this stage of the season.

He is far far too good to just do the same thing week after week so I think in next few weeks we'll see variations in our line ups and also tweaks to our on field set up.

Winning comfortably at the week will hopefully settle things down and it needs to happen.

I wish I had your optimism, and I mean that sincerely, I've been ground down too many times :D 

• Like 2

Just now, jim said:

It’s not inconceivable we lose to Shef u and United win against Spam and us. Two pints behind us then they play Luton.

Luton will turn them over the way they defend set pieces. As should we.

Best result of the night for us was West Ham not winning again. They've lost a bit of ground since their win at Arsenal and have a tougher period of fixtures coming up. Then in March europa league restarts for them so I think this is the closest they'll get to us all season.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I wish I had your optimism, and I mean that sincerely, I've been ground down too many times :D 

We win just five more games this season (and draw four) and we'll finish on more points than last season. 62 could be just enough to get 5th.

5 wins from our last 18 games would be a really really poor end. I don't believe under this manager it will get anywhere near as bad.

We'll snap out of this indifferent form and win another 7-8 games which will still have us fighting right for 4th until the end I suspect.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

it's also not inconceivable that we win at Sheff U and United lose to West Ham and us and.......

• Thanks 1

Â