Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

The issue with the suggestion of just moving on to Rowe instead is that I'm pretty sure he'll cost quite a bit more than Rogers (at least from some of the talk I've seen, could be wrong), so it's probably not much of a goer if it's the cost of this move that is stalling things.

Not hugely convinced by this one, personally. He seems to have some of the raw materials you'd need to succeed and if Emery wants a player I'd trust him to get it out of him, but the more the price goes up the more pressure there is for him to actually live up to it sooner than later, and his current record isn't the most convincing. 

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not disagreeing Tom but how do they differ?

From what I've seen of Rowe he's a very explosive but raw player, has quite an unorthodox style which sometimes looks a little clumsy. Rogers looks a much tidier player who has the ability to beat players without needing space in behind.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

From what I've seen of Rowe he's a very explosive but raw player, has quite an unorthodox style which sometimes looks a little clumsy. Rogers looks a much tidier player who has the ability to beat players without needing space in behind.

Thanks Tom, which one do you think would suit us best, if you were Unai/Monchi, which one would you get the cheque book out for? and why? 

Boro have every right to hold out for their asking price. Same as Villa have every right to not offer it. Often it comes down to the player saying (either to the privately to the club or publicly) that he wants out. No manager or club want a sulking player for 6 months before the next window opens. 

I have a feeling it will get done, I don’t think we are miles apart and the player wants the move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thanks Tom, which one do you think would suit us best, if you were Unai/Monchi, which one would you get the cheque book out for? and why? 

Rogers, but I'm biased towards that kind of player! I think his ceiling is really high though. I do need to see more of Rowe though.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Boro are absolutely mental turning down £15m for him. Might end up regretting that one.

Time to move on I think.

They're not mental at all for doing that. If £15m was expected to be his highest ever value, we wouldn't be interested in him.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

They're not mental at all for doing that. If £15m was expected to be his highest ever value, we wouldn't be interested in him.

They can reject what they like, doesn't mean it's sensible to do so. £15m for a player who hasn't set the league alight is very good business for them, when you consider that players like Bowen and Maddison went for around £20m and were doing far more for their teams at that level. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

There is no way of knowing if it will be or not. The player could go on and reach his potential and then they sell him for £30m, which would make turning down £15m look like good business.  Equally, he could not fulfill his potential and they sell him in a few years for £3m, which would make turning down £15m bad business.

An example is Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea turned down £70m from Bayern one season, and then a few years later sold him for £3m to Forest.

• Like 1

It's £15m inclusive of add-ons so it could be that Boro don't like the structure of the add-ons or don't think they are realistic. 

It's probably in their interest to have a load of add-ons in order to reduce the sell on percentage they have to give to City

4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

It's £15m inclusive of add-ons so it could be that Boro don't like the structure of the add-ons or don't think they are realistic. 

It's probably in their interest to have a load of add-ons in order to reduce the sell on percentage they have to give to City

Percy article said it was 7.5 million upfront - I'd imagine they want that figure close to £10 million.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There is no way of knowing if it will be or not. The player could go on and reach his potential and then they sell him for £30m, which would make turning down £15m look like good business.  Equally, he could not fulfill his potential and they sell him in a few years for £3m, which would make turning down £15m bad business.

An example is Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea turned down £70m from Bayern one season, and then a few years later sold him for £3m to Forest.

I did say expected, but yeah, you never know.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I wasn't sure at 15m let alone paying anything more.

Move on Villa.

We won't pay any more than 15 in total

Â