Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Boro have been awful, so would be unfair to judge him on this game. My only worry based on this game is he doesn’t have much pace. 

He's got guile, though. Maybe a young Matt Le Tissier in the making...

I really don't get the vibe on here that people seem to be expecting him to fire us into the CL. And those that don't think he's good enough for that don't want us to sign him?

He's a development signing like Duran was last year and he's more for next season. If he can score two important goals for us in the run in like Traore did last April that would be fantastic.

If he's supposed to give us the extra push then I'm not really sure what Zaniolo is still doing here if there's no expectation on him to do that. He's flattered to deceive in recent times so I'm expecting much better in the run in. Same for Diaby who's faded in general performance after a bright start. Bailey for most of 2023 has proven himself capable.

That's the supporting cast to Ollie. If Rogers can come in and make an immediate impact that's a huge bonus.

• Like 1

Shades of Bertie’s goal away at Baggies from Rogers. 

A tilted look given the scoreline but easy to see why Unai likes him. Athletic, multi-positional evidenced with Boro playing him up top, with the ball carrying abilities of JJ but more creativity in the final third. 

If you gave me the creative version of Ollie, I’d take that in a heartbeat in Unai’s system. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Emery deserves our trust but that should not mean we can’t form our own opinions.  From the times Ive seen him,  to the comparisons with JPB (including the asking price), and the opinions of some Championship experts, it’s just not adding up for me. 

also a bit perplexed why we did not use Finn Azaz as leverage to get this deal over the line. 

‘I trust my wife but I’ve just put a tracker on her phone in case’

i trust that both our data analysts and lifelong football minds Monchi and Emery have done their research over people who have maybe glimpsed at this lad for 180 mins at most.

• Like 1

So Harrison will know all about his character and potential, but yeah let’s be downbeat on his potential signing based on personal opinion and not data and inside knowledge … VT baffles me more and more 

• Like 4

He's a big talent no doubt. Comparisons to JPB are unfair as they are very different players. Emery clearly wants player with height and power as we do mix in long balls out from the back as well as playing out.

JPB is a hardworking winger that lacks in stature. For me JPB is the best winger in the championship and we will hopefully be buying him back in another year or so.

Rogers is being signed to offer us a different threat behind Watkins. He is similar to Zaniolo, which doesn't bode well for Zaniolo's future.

• Like 3

From what I saw last night.

Pros:

• Strong, some of the Chelsea players bounced off him and he held them off very well, he will only improve in this area as he matures 
  • Miles ahead of a lot of his team mates in terms of reading the game, wanted the ball played early
  • Was vocal - showed leadership
  • Always wanted the ball, never hid   
  • Cleary got technique and an eye for goal

Cons:

• A touch slow but then the championship is compared to the premier league 
  • Lack of tracking back, he ambled around a bit and didn't put enough work rate in to help out in defence, which Watkins is a master of. can be coached

Think he would be a great addition and being only 21 has years of development ahead of him, what's not to like, very low risk signing 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Move over Unai Emery, Ryan Dilks is the new knowledge master.

It’s good if others are sleeping on the player’s talent or potential… while/if Unai actually rates and wants him. Hopefully, it can keep the valuation relatively low and we  steal a bargain… hopefully the goal vs Chelsea hasn’t affected it or raised exposure much…

A few games under Unai and his value will skyrocket…

Â