Hercules The Lion

sidcow

A serious, albeit based on second hand info, answer - the bloke who used to do the Hercules job was woeful at keeping time and would regularly not turn up on match days, so they had Bella go out on her own (Chip got the cut after the Lerner years iirc). Bella does a great job by all accounts, and with the Hercules suit needing some work, they decided not to bother with it at all and stick with Bella. 

For what it's worth, I quite like the idea of seeing the three mascots back together again, Lion, Lioness, and Cub - really pushes the 'Pride' aspect and I can't think of any other clubs anything similar. Downside, those bespoke suits are expensive, need regular maintenance which isn't easy, and there's not a massive impact on the majority of the fanbase if they're there or not.

Source - work with as chap who has worked for Villa for many years as a compere, MC, tour guide, pre match flag waver and so on...and has occasionally donned the Bella suit, and recently he did some goalkeeping recently for a half time competition?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hogso said:

A serious, albeit based on second hand info, answer - the bloke who used to do the Hercules job was woeful at keeping time and would regularly not turn up on match days, so they had Bella go out on her own (Chip got the cut after the Lerner years iirc). Bella does a great job by all accounts, and with the Hercules suit needing some work, they decided not to bother with it at all and stick with Bella. 

For what it's worth, I quite like the idea of seeing the three mascots back together again, Lion, Lioness, and Cub - really pushes the 'Pride' aspect and I can't think of any other clubs anything similar. Downside, those bespoke suits are expensive, need regular maintenance which isn't easy, and there's not a massive impact on the majority of the fanbase if they're there or not.

Source - work with as chap who has worked for Villa for many years as a compere, MC, tour guide, pre match flag waver and so on...and has occasionally donned the Bella suit, and recently he did some goalkeeping recently for a half time competition?

Thanks. 

It really shouldn't be hard to get a new person to do the suit. Nor that much (comparatively) to get a suit. 

13 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

He's transitioned into Hermione the Lioness........now doing Soccer Saturday most weekends.

11 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Probably transitioning as was too representative of toxic masculinity... 

Are you two okay?  Has someone hurt you?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, hogso said:

Downside, those bespoke suits are expensive, need regular maintenance which isn't easy, and there's not a massive impact on the majority of the fanbase if they're there or not.

It's not a real lion??!! 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, hogso said:

Downside, those bespoke suits are expensive, need regular maintenance which isn't easy, and there's not a massive impact on the majority of the fanbase if they're there or not.

On a serious note, how expensive can they be? Let's say it's a couple of grand (I doubt it - theatre productions work on smaller budgets). Surely it's not much for a football club?

My son always looks out for the lions, he loves them. Especially as they are painted on the concourses so the club 'advertise' something that isn't there.

Get him back. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thanks. 

It really shouldn't be hard to get a new person to do the suit. Nor that much (comparatively) to get a suit. 

There is a recently unemployed person in Birmingham who could do the job and wouldn't need the padding.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, hogso said:

Are you saying that sometimes it's a bloke in a Bella suit

9 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

No comment. 

11 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Is that why she keeps touching herself?  I mean, you would wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

First he cancels north stand then that tight arse Heck sacks off Hercules to save a grand on a new costume!

His plan is for a new mascot to replace him.....

Step forward  'Heckules the Liar'.....

Â