Midweek Football 23:/26 October

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm still completely unsure on Spurs. Feel like they're going to take a battering from a team soon. They haven't been overly impressive yet keep winning. 

Agreed. Fulham have been poor and offered very little threat but they still got in behind Spurs on a number of occasions. Spurs' press will overwhelm the lesser teams but they will anyways give up chances too.

Brentford A, Man Utd H, Bournemouth A, Burnley A, Sheff Utd H, Arsenal A, Liverpool H, Luton A, Fulham H

No wonder they're top... 😂 Some of those wins haven't been terribly convincing either - needed 2 late goals against Sheff Utd, needed a late winner against 9 man Liverpool, squeezed past Luton (although admittedly with 10 men).

They'll win plenty of games because they've got too much attacking quality against 8th/9th downwards, but Im not convinced by them yet 

• Like 1

Spurs have had a couple of difficult matches, Liverpool and Arsenal most notably. And, minor controversy aside (:ph34r:) they came through those well.

But yeah, they have also already faced what will likely be the four worst teams this season (Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheff United and Luton). Which perhaps is slightly unusual when considering the early stage the season is still in.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Spurs would completely crumble if they were missing 4 starters like we are. Imagine Romero, Udogie, Richarlison and Kulusevski got injured at the same time. They'd be screwed.

They’ve got Brennan and Le Celso on the bench. Bissouma, Bentacur and Solomon to return. Their squad is good enough to cope with just the league.

I think they’ll be in the mix for top 5.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They’ve got Brennan and Le Celso on the bench. Bissouma, Bentacur and Solomon to return. Their squad is good enough to cope with just the league.

I think they’ll be in the mix for top 5.

Lo Celso isn't in the manager's plans really and hasn't played for them for ages. Bentancur is their best player imo so his return will be good for them.

Of the players I listed, their replacements are Ben Davies, Eric Dier, Solomon and Johnson. Johnson is the only good replacement there. Couple of injuries in key positions and they're back to the players who let Conte down last year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Spurs have had a couple of difficult matches, Liverpool and Arsenal most notably. And, minor controversy aside (:ph34r:) they came through those well.

But yeah, they have also already faced what will likely be the four worst teams this season (Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheff United and Luton). Which perhaps is slightly unusual when considering the early stage the season is still in.

Spurs have bewn veey fortunate only tough away game they ahve had so far is arsenal. 2nd half of season will be alot tougher for them

• Like 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

last few minutes they had a couple 1v1s that should've led to more. 

I switched off after 80 minutes! Spurs were very comfortable at 2-0 so would've been a bit of a robbery given Spurs could've easily scored another two at the end of the first half.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I switched off after 80 minutes! Spurs were very comfortable at 2-0 so would've been a bit of a robbery given Spurs could've easily scored another two at the end of the first half.

yep. from what I understand (I just tuned in at 75 minute) that Spurs were clearly on top. They took off Son and then Fulham carved them open a few times and the finish was very lacking. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Selling Mitrovic and having Vinicius and Jimenez replace him will be Fulham's undoing. Can't hit a barn door between them and neither are particularly mobile.

There are still 3 or 4 teams worse than them in the league. Luton, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Burnley, maybe even forest. 

Â