Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Both the highest peak and lowest point in all of the western hemisphere are in Argentina. I would not have guessed that.

Also, both the highest and lowest recorded temperatures in the western hemisphere were taken in Argentina

I love shit like this. Not that the thumbnail looks like a cross between Johnny Rotten and a paedophile, but the content.

It's how https works basically, I think most of us have a rough idea anyway, what I didnt know is that it was figured out by somebody 400 years ago but took all this time to get a practical application (and one which has changed the world beyond recognition) which is insane. I wonder how much useless shit which gets figured out today turns out to be massively important in hundreds of years time?

• 2 weeks later...

Baseball's peak popularity in Britain was in the years immediately preceding World War II. Baseball teams shared grounds with football clubs (hence Derby County's home ground was named the Baseball Ground), and the game was run at a professional standard with up to 10,000 spectators per game.

One milestone of baseball in the United Kingdom was the 1938 victory of Great Britain over the United States to win the inaugural World Cup of Baseball.

Baseball's peak popularity in Britain was in the years immediately preceding World War II. Baseball teams shared grounds with football clubs (hence Derby County's home ground was named the Baseball Ground), and the game was run at a professional standard with up to 10,000 spectators per game.

One milestone of baseball in the United Kingdom was the 1938 victory of Great Britain over the United States to win the inaugural World Cup of Baseball.

It's almost as though Americans and their sports were less popular in Britain after WWII, for some reason...

Oversexed, overpaid and over here. Your granny probably sucked a GI's cock in exchange for twenty woodbines and a pair of tights in 1944.

Well that's what I was driving at, although you'd have to go further back than 1944 to find my ancestors performing favours for consumables on the shores of Blighty. I don't think they even had Woodbines then, or tights, or GI's. Cocks, yes.

I would be quite happy with 13 to be honest.

Then again I am quite the homeboy, only ever been abroad once, to Spain when I was 4 and I got the chicken pox after the second day so the miniscule bits I do remember about it aint that great.

I know bucket loads of stuff but knowing where Macedonia is on a map isn't something I would take pride in telling someone, I know a bit about places just not where they are

Â