Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

What constitutes an invasion?

Like could we invade the remaining 22 just to say we've done it.

Just fly in, land, and say

"Haha we've invaded!

j/k j/k you can keep it"

cross that one off, which way to Chad?

What constitutes an invasion?

Like could we invade the remaining 22 just to say we've done it.

Just fly in, land, and say

"Haha we've invaded!

j/k j/k you can keep it"

cross that one off, which way to Chad?

A pretty loose definition of 'invasion' was used!

Defined as "the British were found to have achieved some sort of military presence in the territory – however transitory – either through force, the threat of force, negotiation or payment. Incursions by British pirates, privateers or armed explorers have also been included, provided they were operating with the approval of their government."

Here is the article if you are interested http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html

I'm a bit miffed we never had a pop at Uzbekistan. Sounds like a great Friday night.

rather scared by the mighty and scary vikings. :-P But if you did invade we'd just invite you in and have you watching a football game in our best highest league, Allsvenskan, which a team who really struggle to win away from their own plastic turf can win the whole league. That'll scare you off. :-D

Interestingly I'm a blood group O and the attributes they suggest apply to me .. Especially the stubborn bit

I've said before that I followed a blood group diet for a shirt time , whilst it was too restrictive for me , during the period I was on it I felt a lot more energetic and slept better than I usually do , also found that I lost this annoying stuffed up nose that I frequently suffer from

So I would think there could be something in the blood thingy

Broke up after WW 1 but I'm sure we didn't have troops in Austria until after WW 2 and The Germans were removed from Hungary courtesy of the Russians far as I recall (paging Mike )

Broke up after WW 1 but I'm sure we didn't have troops in Austria until after WW 2 and The Germans were removed from Hungary courtesy of the Russians far as I recall (paging Mike )

An article here suggests Britain agreed a 20-25% share in the governing of Hungary post World War 2. This would probably involve some sort of British military presence in the area so satisfies the author's definition of 'invasion'.

An article here suggests Britain agreed a 20-25% share in the governing of Hungary post World War 2. This would probably involve some sort of British military presence in the area so satisfies the author's definition of 'invasion'.

ahhh that could well be it

Though so far google hasn't returned anything to suggest we've ever had troops there the article does state we had part "sovereignty " so that's probably being used as the definition of "invasion" in this instance

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, she did it before she became a politician. She read science at Oxford and worked as a chemist for Lyons (the dairy) before getting into law and career politics. It's not like she invented the thing on her own during a lunch hour when she was PM.

Â