Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Since the Premier League was formed in 1992, Aston Villa players have only scored 8 hat tricks. Arsenal have managed 31 in that time, and Robbie Fowler managed to score 9 on his own, which makes our stat slightly more disappointing.

bonus trivia question: The 8 Villa hat tricks were scored by 8 different players. Can you name them all?

Carew and Agbonlahor are all I can remember :(

Angel scored a hattrick in the Carling Cup :)

Since the Premier League was formed in 1992, Aston Villa players have only scored 8 hat tricks. Arsenal have managed 31 in that time, and Robbie Fowler managed to score 9 on his own, which makes our stat slightly more disappointing.

bonus trivia question: The 8 Villa hat tricks were scored by 8 different players. Can you name them all?

Carew and Agbonlahor are all I can remember :(

pfft, kids. ;)

Carew (vs Newcastle) and Gabby (vs Man City) are two of the eight. They were the most recent two in fact.

Gabby's hat trick vs City was on the opening weekend of the 2008/09 season, which is now three and a half years ago. As a clue, only one other league hat trick has been scored by Villa in the 21st century. All of the others were bagged way back in the 90s.

Savo got one vs Coventry (I think). He hadn't scored a league goal at home and then scored 3 in one game, if my memory serves me correctly.

I assume Yorke got one. In fact, did Yorke and another player get one in the same game against wimbledon when we beat them something like 7-1?

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is slipping too far down the board for my liking.

**HUGE MASSIVE MEGA ÜBER SUPER spoiler for The Wire in the following fact**

In all five seasons of The Wire, Officer Roland "Prez" Pryzbylewski is the only police officer ever seen firing his weapon.

He fires it three times, and each time is a **** up.

*Not sure where I got this from but ......

If you have a hand-held laser thingy (like the ones they point at the planes etc) and imagine that the only object in the universe is the planet Earth. If you point the laser just above the horizon would the red dot appear on the back of your own neck ?

(I might not have explained this very well so stop pulling mongy faces :D)

* I might have imagined or dreamed this....

*Not sure where I got this from but ......

If you have a hand-held laser thingy (like the ones they point at the planes etc) and imagine that the only object in the universe is the planet Earth. If you point the laser just above the horizon would the red dot appear on the back of your own neck ?

(I might not have explained this very well so stop pulling mongy faces :D)

* I might have imagined or dreamed this....

:? I don't quite get that :)

A fact I read ages ago (may have been in this thread actually, apologies) is there are more ways to arrange a pack of cards than there have been seconds in the universe since it began. If true...head explosion...

It would shoot into outer space. If you imagined the only thing in the universe was Earth then you just changed the laws of physics so it can do whatever you want it to. (but it would still shoot into outer space ;))

Mel Gibson was reportedly being considered for the Hangover 2 in a cameo role

However due to his Anti Semite behaviour the cast Cooper, Helms and Galifianakis all being jewish were against him being in the movie

The mind boggles as the director Todd Phillips aka Todd Bunzl a jew himself.

End_of_universe.jpg

Diagrams of three possible geometries of the universe: closed, open and flat from top to bottom, corresponding to a density parameter Ω0 which is greater than, less than or equal to 1. The closed universe is of finite size and, due to its curvature, traveling far enough in one direction will lead back to one's starting point. The open and flat universes are infinite and traveling in a constant direction will never lead to the same point.

Don't really understand all this but it might explain AmsterdamNeil's laser pen theory.

Don't really understand all this but it might explain AmsterdamNeil's laser pen theory.

So it's clear then I am either a genius or smoke far too much hash. So basically if I understand the above then it's possible that I am sort of correct ?

*Good job I smoke weed then.

Â