Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

An ex-girlfriend I haven't seen for nearly thirty years just added me as a friend on Facebook.

Guess what friend number she is?

I would have guessed 666 :winkold:

Oh, you went out with her too?

616 refers to the Emperor Caligula , 666 refers to Nero

nothing to do with the devil per say if i recall ?

it was on QI, i trust them to get it right, seen as the majority of programme is about getting rid of urban myths..

meh , QI is only a step up from wikipedia

Irenaeus discussed the fact that there were already Greek copies with 616, and declared it to be a scribal error in those copies. He claimed that all the oldest manuscripts then extant had 666

So QI is in fact wrong ?

The original name of the Peace Cup was to be 'Sunmoon Peace Cup', named after Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Sunmoon Peace Football Foundation. However, after being criticized that it was too religious, the organization changed its named to 'World Peace King Cup' and started preparation for its first tournament. Before the inauguration of the cup, AFC warned that the term 'World' can only be used by the competition organized by FIFA, and 'King' can be used by the competition held by a Kingdom

The original name of the Peace Cup was to be 'Sunmoon Peace Cup', named after Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Sunmoon Peace Football Foundation. However, after being criticized that it was too religious, the organization changed its named to 'World Peace King Cup' and started preparation for its first tournament. Before the inauguration of the cup, AFC warned that the term 'World' can only be used by the competition organized by FIFA, and 'King' can be used by the competition held by a Kingdom

Why not just call it the Lord in Heaven on a 747 Cup?

China is the largest country with a single time zone.

Technically that's not right!

What is the technicality?

i cant figure that one out either... unless the internet is wrong (god forbid) the whole country operates in gmt+8

Postage stamps were invented in Dundee.

not forgetting the first Street lights and the first hole in the whole cash dispenser

Add in "The Broons", "Oor Wullie", The Beano and The Dandy

And Dundee cake!

Â