Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Not sure those quite rhyme paddy, the sound of the O in orange seems to change the sound of the word as a whole meaning none of those rhyme with their n sound.

Either that or I talk funny ;).

Not sure those quite rhyme paddy, the sound of the O in orange seems to change the sound of the word as a whole meaning none of those rhyme with their n sound.

Either that or I talk funny ;).

Exactly. You can get some partial rhymes, but not the full two-syllable rhyme.

The nearest contenders are (as noted) "syringe" (first syllable doesn't rhyme) and "lozenge" (both syllables rhyme, but different consonant in the middle).

"What's that for, hinge?"

Said the man from Orange

Doesn't really hold a candle to Tom Lehrer's

When you attend a funeral

It is sad to think that sooner-al-

Ater those you love will do the same for you

And you may have found it tragic

Not to mention other adjec-

Tives to think of all the weeping they will do

The nearest contenders are (as noted) "syringe" (first syllable doesn't rhyme) and "lozenge" (both syllables rhyme, but different consonant in the middle).

But by that logic there's loads of words which don't rhyme with anything.

Syringe and lozenge for a start...

In the computer game 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon', Daley Thompson was white and didn't have a handle bar moustache.

:lol:

I remember in FIFA 96 Nigel Martyn was black.

My useless piece of information is that 'Celebrity' Masterchef is scraping the barrel so much that Noel Whelan was on it the other day.

Avram Grant has emerged unharmed after a light aircraft crashed 10 metres away from him at a Namibian airport. The pilot, who is not in the employ of Roman Abramovich, also escaped unhurt.

Wasn't sure where to put this, so it went in here. From the Fiver.

• 3 weeks later...
Olympic medals were not awarded to anyone until 1904
No, that can't be right. That's nearly five past seven. I'm sure I saw some awarded in the afternoon.

Maybe it was the time difference from Beijing to here.

In the computer game 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon', Daley Thompson was white and didn't have a handle bar moustache.

And Dwight Yorke was white.

And Dwight Yorke was white.

I love the way my memory is terrible, but the colour of Nigel Martyn if FIFA96? No problem.

I can tell you there's 1054 Carrefour stores in France now. But could I remember that to drop into the exam? Could I...

I think it was this thread where someone (Paddy?) mentiopned about the petrol pump sign on a dashbaord having the handle on the same side as the filler cap on the actual car...

Hate to prove you wrong...

image023lh0.jpg

I think it was this thread where someone (Paddy?) mentiopned about the petrol pump sign on a dashbaord having the handle on the same side as the filler cap on the actual car...

Hate to prove you wrong...

image023lh0.jpg

Not guilty.

I remember someone posting it though.

Â