Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

David: Morning Mick. Right, the video for our new song is due at midday tomorrow. Shall we get started? A lot of work ahead

Mick: Sure, but we can't face that much work dry. let's have a quick pint first.

David: Ok sure. How about a shot too?

Mick: ah go on then, but just ONE! We can't go over the top

*The next morning, there's a knock at the door*

Man: David, Mick?!

David: Groan

Mick: *vomits* My head! What happened last night?! Where did you get that mac? You look like a flasher

David: I don't know. Why are you wearing a blouse?

Man: Guys! it's 11:50. That video needs to be done in ten minutes!

Mick: Shit!! David, get the camera!

David: What are we going to do, we've only got 10 minutes?!

Mick: Just start rolling, we'll think of something

"It doesn't matter what you wear".

Yes.  Yes it does, you pair of massive bellends.

• 3 weeks later...

The most valuable company of all time (adjusted for inflation) is the Dutch East India company.  It was worth 78 million Dutch gilders at it's peak in the 17th century.  That's 7.4 trillion US dollars or five trillion pounds sterling in todays money.    Apple is worth about $700 billion for a point of reference. 

edit:  

A second point of reference.  If you count at the rate of one number per second it would take you 11 days to count to a million.  It would take you 31 years to to count to a billion. It would take 31,546 years to count to a trillion. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 3

That's rubbish, how many people would they need just to count the money to see what it's worth. If they put a hundred on it, they still wouldn't be finished.

Only joking, I know it's true

There might be more to what you say than you realise. Corruption in the VOC was rampant, it seems almost everybody in it was running some kind of scam on the side. Their accounting would have been far less strict than publicly traded companies in the 21st century adhere to. It might be that they undervalued the VOC.

11049119_738079579637560_827122914921179

That's not unique to Afghanistan, it's common practice in a lot of developing countries where accurate records of births and deaths are not kept.  Why do you think so many African players can get away with saying they are younger than they (probably) are?  It's because they are either from countries which don't keep accurate records or rural parts of countries which do keep records but only in the big cities.  My mother in law doesn't know how old she is.  Officially she's 64, my missus suspects that she's nearer 70.  She was born in a small village in India, and to register a birth there you'd have to travel some twenty miles to the city and sit in a depressing looking registry office for about ten hours.  Unsurprisingly nobody bothered so lots of people don't have birth certificates.  The mother in law migrated here in the sixties and it was much easier for her to get in if they said she was still a schoolgirl, so I believe three to five years may have been knocked off of her actual age.  Without any documentation to prove how old she is either way, what can they do? Call her a liar? 

Koreans count themselves as a year older every 1st January. They are also born aged 1. Therefore a Korean born on December 31st will be 2 at 1 day old. Retarded.

I was in the doctors not so long ago and some girl who I presumed was Korean registered herself and both of her parents as patients.  She said all three of them were born on January 1st. 

If you went back to the year 2000, and every time A.P. McCoy entered a race you bet £1 on him to win, you would be £1,743.63 down.

I won't do it then, thanks for the tip.
  • Like 2

Â