Jareth

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I believe we’d be top of that mini league too (just using matches between those clubs).

We would.... sadly we all have to play teams like Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United too

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Draw is a good result, no? 

It's a fine result, but as @briny_ear correctly deduced, it's also annoying AF.

Would've been a sweet, sweet Christmas.

I hope the entire team will use what they are also hopefully feeling about today's result as motivation to not let other massive opportunities slip away. The margins are too narrow.

• Like 1

Brighton v Spurs

Arsenal V West Ham on Thursday...

I think Brighton and West Ham can also get a decent result for us. West Ham are a solid team, imagine what a better manager could do for them.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Predictable and painful result at An field.

Grrrrrr

It’s the best result for us. You’ll need to roll with the punches a bit better for the long title race ahead, if you’re acting like this after a Villa draw. I know there are other factors, but it was a draw not a defeat - and we are one point off the top on Christmas Day. 

Pull yourself together man!

Edited by Powehi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Thing is when city and spurs inevitably win we're like 1 and 3 points ahead of them and suddenly in a battle to stay top 4. Dropping 5 points to the absolutely shit show that are forest and Sheffield is unforgivable 

Imagine doing worse at home than Liverpool against Arsenal

oh. Wait. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adman said:

Personally I think that if we are dominating possession, defending well and creating chances then we are doing our job. Sometimes luck, var etc means you don't get what you deserve but you're going to win more than you lose.  I think "motivation" was not something we can improve on imo.  

Motivation needs to be tweaked and stoked and massaged from preseason to the last game of the campaign, and the coaching staff will use a previous bad result as a device to stoke motivation. Its fundamental to team management. 

In theory, Emery will have the players channel their anger and disappointment with VAR and the dropped points into resolution and a deeper commitment to throttle Man Utd.

5 hours ago, 479Villan said:

They have Rodri back, that game screams 0-2

Sounds like he dodged a bad one in the world club cup, went off after a bad tackle close to tears but should be ok apparently 

Maybe he doesn't start Wednesday 

Either way I don't think they can keep him as fresh for the run in as they did last season

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Motivation needs to be tweaked and stoked and massaged from preseason to the last game of the campaign, and the coaching staff will use a previous bad result as a device to stoke motivation. Its fundamental to team management. 

In theory, Emery will have the players channel their anger and disappointment with VAR and the dropped points into resolution and a deeper commitment to throttle Man Utd.

Oh as a general point yes.  Just didn't really agree if you thought motivation was a reason we lost to Sheffield. 

For me, our first 11, especially the midfield has a perfect balance to it.  When changes are forced, it doesn't work the same.  

• Like 2

Also, can you imagine this team a year ago running around chasing rainbows and parked cars at the same time and catching neither, individually and collectively devoid of confidence and competence and heading for a relegation scrap - being turned into a possession based, title-chasing team?  We look and act like winners, refusing to be beaten, dominating opponents, and playing some of the most composed and brilliant football I've seen from a villa team.  Playing man city, Newcastle, Brighton and others off the park.  We turn up at villa park to see wins and goals now in place of desperate shit shows.  Imagine what it actually takes to make that happen.....

Take a bow Villa because what you've done in 13 months is absolutely unreal 👏👏👏👏

Edited by Adman
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1