The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Don_Simon

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

The other question is how sold out was it? Was it rammed or half empty? 

I have no idea if it was sold out as I don't know what they consider that to be. However, it certainly wasn't rammed. Even at it's most busy, there seemed to be enough space to sit, quick to get served food, empty toilets and easy to get a drink. It also took a while to get to 'busy', probably just the last 90mins.

However, I'm more interested in how many people actually paid for it! Or were a massive percentage in there for free?

Edited by jackbauer24

It is still getting roundly booed every time it is mentioned at halftime in the ground.

It is still going back to the fact that we had a facility that was free to use for season ticket holders, to something you have to pay over the odds to get access to.

What is going on in the Holte Hotel- I never went in, is it still for lions clubs members only? That would have been the more obvious place to have a GA+ area, and just kept the Holte Suite as it was.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For which areas of the ground?

Don't think it gave the specifics on the stands just the lower grounds experiences 

Out at mo so will try and find the links for clarity 

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

Yep, I had a click through and I think it's mostly directors lounge and the other higher end hospitality areas - it'd be weird if it were Lower Grounds as Lower Grounds seat are available from the club at a much lower price - it doesn't sell out.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, I had a click through and I think it's mostly directors lounge and the other higher end hospitality areas - it'd be weird if it were Lower Grounds as Lower Grounds seat are available from the club at a much lower price - it doesn't sell out.

It is Lower Grounds, Look at the price for 2 

Absolutely Shocking! 

A5TncV4.jpeg

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well that's mental - you can buy those directly off the club for a third of that price.

An idiot trap.

Yeah £340 a pair directly from the club compared to there £847 

Just as bad as Touts and the club shouldn't allow this kind of profiteering! 

• 2 weeks later...

So if you book tickets for Lower Grounds where do you actually sit? Do you go in to the lower grounds bit of the Holte for the food and drink but then have to come out again to go to the Trinity or D E stand to go to your seat? That seems odd

Edited by alreadyexists

50 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So if you book tickets for Lower Grounds where do you actually sit? Do you go in to the lower grounds bit of the Holte for the food and drink but then have to come out again to go to the Trinity or D E stand to go to your seat? That seems odd

I've seem them in the Trinity Upper and Doug Ellis

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I've got Lower Ground tickets for the Forest game. Got tickets in upper Trinity. Not quite sure how it works though. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've got Lower Ground tickets for the Forest game. Got tickets in upper Trinity. Not quite sure how it works though. 

Ah thanks. Yeah I think I’m going to go for it for Notts Forest as there’s four of us (including my 6 year old son) and I want us to sit together. And as I’ve not been at all this year I can justify the cost to myself, just about. 
So how do you know where you’re sitting? It tells you your seat on the ticket, or do you choose before hand?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah thanks. Yeah I think I’m going to go for it for Notts Forest as there’s four of us (including my 6 year old son) and I want us to sit together. And as I’ve not been at all this year I can justify the cost to myself, just about. 
So how do you know where you’re sitting? It tells you your seat on the ticket, or do you choose before hand?

A mate of mine bought the tickets and to be honest I've not asked if we're actually sitting together. Am hoping so though. He didn't get to choose the seat but he got the tickets sent to him straight away and they were for the Trinity. 

• Thanks 1

I understand if you have a season ticket you sit in your normal seat and the cost reflects that. If you don't have a ST the club allocates you a ticket and the overall cost is therefore higher. I would guess that if you book as a group, the club would aim to have you sitting together. I might be wrong though...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

You'll get ushered through a route at half time to get to the bar and then ushered back. When I was on front row corner of lower holte I had them coming past me from Doug Ellis with stewards and other staff. I'm guessing will be the same with Upper Trinity

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned previously, went to the Lower Grounds for the Forest game and thought it was decent. Would definitely go again. Seeing as I only go a couple of times a year, it would be worth the money. 

Pretty enjoyable experience tbh. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

As mentioned previously, went to the Lower Grounds for the Forest game and thought it was decent. Would definitely go again. Seeing as I only go a couple of times a year, it would be worth the money. 

Pretty enjoyable experience tbh. 

Where did you sit in the end?

Â