January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

More BS from the famed Italian media

Whenever you follow the source link and search villa in their page, there is never any mention of us all

16 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Whenever you follow the source link and search villa in their page, there is never any mention of us all

Sometimes it’s from a sentence or so on some article on their website…

it’s just the norm every window, too much crap to have to sift through or ignore

Look what happened with Ngonge, for instance…

Italian and Turkish media are amongst the worst… mind you British media isn’t much better and crap like talksport make up anything for clicks and attention… Oxlade-Chamberlain 😂 ESR this time around 🤦‍♂️

But nothing beats those fake, pathetic itks 😆

No one called Nedeljkovic… we may continue in that vein…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Whatever happened to that winger from Norwich we were linked with?  Was the links bollocks ?

Milot Rashica? He was rubbish and they got relegated so now he's plying his trade in the Turkish farmers league. We've moved on. 

• Haha 1

Jorge Mendes is pimping out Gio Reyna to find a new club for him. We are one of the clubs that's supposed to be interested. Amazing the guy is still only 21.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Total_Villa is also one of worst so-called aggregators on Twitter. They just want to put out any content no matter what. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If this were too happen though Man City and Newcastle would have dream teams and be competing for every trophy. Nobody would be able to compete with states. 

Going back on topic, I don’t think we’re signing anyone. 

Man City already do and I literally don't care, all that ends up happening if you are a club with smart rich owners under the scenario I said is...... You also get to join the mega rich clubs as your revenue naturally out paces the clubs you left behind.

Oh and billions of pounds more gets pumped into the football pyramid too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Man City already do and I literally don't care, all that ends up happening if you are a club with smart rich owners under the scenario I said is...... You also get to join the mega rich clubs as your revenue naturally out paces the clubs you left behind.

Oh and billions of pounds more gets pumped into the football pyramid too. 

Because they cheated.

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

“Seem interested” 😂 is that a new one? 🤣

Hope we actually are but he won’t come cheap

We should sign him, but we aren't, clearly.

Seem, at least lie to us properly xD

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

That's always been the case though, but it will (or should) be less frequent.  Arsenal for example can't afford a striker like Toney without selling some players, whereas before Toney would be gone, and Brentford left with some cash and a hole in their squad needing filled.  

Yes, you are correct. 

My point is that FFP simply only allows SOME clubs to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

they were like that before the FFP stuff came in too.

Yeah, I realise that.  Which is why FFP was introduced in the first place, to stop a team with unlimited wealth buying whoever they want, City cheated to get around that, doesn;t mean we should lift the rules to allow Newcastle to do it.

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah, I realise that.  Which is why FFP was introduced in the first place, to stop a team with unlimited wealth buying whoever they want, City cheated to get around that, doesn;t mean we should lift the rules to allow Newcastle to do it.

All I’m saying is IMO anyone should be allowed to do it if their owners want to put up a bond to do so.

for what it’s worth I don’t think our owners would want to do that I don’t see them wanting to buy 5 x 50 pound players and 200k a week for 5 years up front 500m

edit - last word on this.

it would benefit us if a few teams owners did want to do this as it would be a few of our players targeted for it which would then give us massive FFP room

Edited by paul514

3 hours ago, sne said:

Jorge Mendes is pimping out Gio Reyna to find a new club for him. We are one of the clubs that's supposed to be interested. Amazing the guy is still only 21.

There is baggage and issues there but very young, can play in either wide roles or in the second striker spot. 

An eye for a pass, a surprising goal scorer, and decent pace over the length of the pitch - he ticks a lot of boxes for Unai’s system. 

Lots of questions about his maturity and behavior (see all of the USA drama during the WC) but technically a great fit for Villa. 

If he can be had at a bargain price given his falling out at Dortmund, could provide a lot of value on the pitch and for resale. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

There is baggage and issues there but very young, can play in either wide roles or in the second striker spot. 

An eye for a pass, a surprising goal scorer, and decent pace over the length of the pitch - he ticks a lot of boxes for Unai’s system. 

Lots of questions about his maturity and behavior (see all of the USA drama during the WC) but technically a great fit for Villa. 

If he can be had at a bargain price given his falling out at Dortmund, could provide a lot of value on the pitch and for resale. 

Depending on if unai thinks he can fit here then yea I agree there are obvious upsides