Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

If Unai sees something in Zaniolo he could well want to make it permanent.

I think unai will have seen enough to know we won't be making a permanent move for him. 

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Lots of you said the same about Leon, and now you all look like mugs 😂

This was the point I was making further up 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

But if you apply that logic Bailey would be gone and we should all be on diaby back for having a poor 1/2 season bar the odd game.

Zaniolo is on loan though, we haven't signed him yet. He has to show something now before we can justify signing him.

30 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Three good months in 2.5 years doesn't mean Bailey has been a successful signing yet.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

But most people were saying that about a previously injured Leon playing for months under Gerrard. 

People are saying this about a mainly fully fit Zaniolo playing all his football under Emery. 

I don't understand why people can't see the difference.

Not to say Zaniolo won't come good, but to compare it to the Bailey journey is just wrong. 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But most people were saying that about a previously injured Leon playing for months under Gerrard. 

Just false. Was long period under Emery last season people were rubbishing him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

People are saying this about a mainly fully fit Zaniolo playing all his football under Emery. 

Not to say Zaniolo won't come good, but to compare it to the Bailey journey is just wrong. 

To be fair, many wrote Leon off this season as well, even Unai reduced him to largely sub appearances early on in the season. 

His transformation is spectacular but also still quite recent. He's probably started less than 50% of games this season. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Zaniola had started a similar amount. 

Edited by cheltenham_villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Just false. Was long period under Emery last season people were rubbishing him. 

Probably because he wasn’t very good. 
Like a poster said above, it’s great Bailey has come good and I hope he continues, but it’s only a couple of months in a much bigger timeframe.

But you’re going to tell us now that you backed him all along, he’s the best player in the world, so is Zaniolo and we don’t need to sign anyone else. Ever. 

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But you’re going to tell us now that you backed him all along, he’s the best player in the world, so is Zaniolo and we don’t need to sign anyone else. Ever. 

I posted Bailey get out of my club several times last season even under Emery

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Correct. It's taken Bailey 2 years to get to the levels he needed to be at. 

IMO, anyone writing the kid off after 3-4 months is just short sighted. There is not a player in the squad that hasn't either struggled at times, taken time to settle or been taken out the team.  

Lets look at some examples of some of our current top players... John McGinn, dropped on several occasions, even as captain when Unai arrived. Many thought he'd reached his ceiling and just wasn't good enough. What about Konsa, just over 12 months ago also thought by many, easily replaceable. Dougie Luiz, the amount of comments in his thread, questioning everything, lazy, not quick enough, strong enough, blah blah blah. Ollie Watkins, questioned by nearly everybody at some point. My favourite though, Leon f****** Bailey, like a phoenix(pun) from the ashes turns into a G after 2 years of continually being written off. 

MIngs, Buendia, Cash, Ramsey, we could go on and on until probably Martinez at which point we've probably found the only player in the squad not deemed as shit at some point. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

IMO, anyone writing the kid off after 3-4 months is just short sighted. There is not a player in the squad that hasn't either struggled at times, taken time to settle or been taken out the team.  

Lets look at some examples of some of our current top players... John McGinn, dropped on several occasions, even as captain when Unai arrived. Many thought he'd reached his ceiling and just wasn't good enough. What about Konsa, just over 12 months ago also thought by many, easily replaceable. Dougie Luiz, the amount of comments in his thread, questioning everything, lazy, not quick enough, strong enough, blah blah blah. Ollie Watkins, questioned by nearly everybody at some point. My favourite though, Leon f****** Bailey, like a phoenix(pun) from the ashes turns into a G after 2 years of continually being written off. 

MIngs, Buendia, Cash, Ramsey, we could go on and on until probably Martinez at which point we've probably found the only player in the squad not deemed as shit at some point. 

Ok, fine.

So shall we buy him for £30m or not then?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, fine.

So shall we buy him for £30m or not then?

I'll happily leave it up to Emery. He sees him up close, knows his mentality etc.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The guy did both ACLs. Played a handful of games in Turkey last season and didn't have any pre season this year. Then cam3 to the best league in the world and has played in a variety of positions. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

The guy did both ACLs. Played a handful of games in Turkey last season and didn't have any pre season this year. Then cam3 to the best league in the world and has played in a variety of positions. 

And quite often been out of position, plus had the betting stuff to deal with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'll happily leave it up to Emery. He sees him up close, knows his mentality etc.

Fine. But based on performances alone, do you want him here next season for £30m?

All the people telling me he needs time and he’s playing well lately can’t seem to come out and say we should sign him? 

Â