Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Another exciting addition to add to our incomings, if he can finally live up to his potential we will have some player. 

Guessing he's unavailable for Sunday but should get some minutes against Hibs on Wednesday and then could potentially start against Burnley. 

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Taroni's! For all your scrap needs...

That name brings back some childhood memories for me. Sydney Taroni used to live in my Nan's road in Yardley. He was a coal man in the seventies before natural gas put him out of work. My relatives on my paternal side were called the Kirby's from Summer Lane, they were also scrap merchants, and, apparently, they and the Taroni's were sworn enemies back in the day. 

Taroni's had a massive scrap yard at one time right next to the Sty.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is the one that shows him at his best  dare i say it he has the phyaicality to thrive in the Bailey role   . The bloke is seriously talented. I have to ask why it is only us in for him though. 

This is a great video. He’s got an unusual style, it’s a bit awkward and he doesn’t look very quick but he seems to beat players to the ball and move away from them in a lot of this clips. He reminds me of Lee Sharpe with a sprinkling of Chris Waddle…

5 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

This is a great video. He’s got an unusual style, it’s a bit awkward and he doesn’t look very quick but he seems to beat players to the ball and move away from them in a lot of this clips. He reminds me of Lee Sharpe with a sprinkling of Chris Waddle…

Gascoigne wasn't quick, but he could sure glide. 

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The bloke is seriously talented. I have to ask why it is only us in for him though. 

His injury history is abysmal for a guy as young as he is. Many clubs aren't willing to risk it, but Aston Villa need to take risks to get players of his quality as we're not a Top 4 mainstay yet that can sign anyone in the world budget permitting. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Another exciting addition to add to our incomings, if he can finally live up to his potential we will have some player. 

Guessing he's unavailable for Sunday but should get some minutes against Hibs on Wednesday and then could potentially start against Burnley. 

Injured 

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That name brings back some childhood memories for me. Sydney Taroni used to live in my Nan's road in Yardley. He was a coal man in the seventies before natural gas put him out of work. My relatives on my paternal side were called the Kirby's from Summer Lane, they were also scrap merchants, and, apparently, they and the Taroni's were sworn enemies back in the day. 

Taroni's had a massive scrap yard at one time right next to the Sty.

They've got a few now but the one down from Aston Cross was the first one I think. Taroni as a surname comes from Italian Gypsy's (probs SintiRomany), the rag and bone equivalents over here traditionally  lot of the time are Romny. The Taronis made an absolute ton of cash, some of the daughters were famous about town at one point... 

• Like 2

Super excited by this, I mean properly excited. Fingers crossed, but this guy is a baller. Handled well he could be our Cantona.

Doesnt strike me initially as an Emery player but what do I know? He could be a legend if he finds his feet and stays fit. 

I am very excited 👍🏻

I know those videos can be a bit misleading, but his physical presence is something we absolute need. I think this is a good move bringing in such a player on loan. Let's hope he is the right man for English football.

• Like 1

Most ACL injuries are in defenders.  Constantly chasing and reacting means quick decelerations and directional changes, often at the same time.  But in watching Zaniolo's reels...wow.  You can see that his style puts a similar high demand on his legs -- more than you'll see in most other attackers. 

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They've got a few now but the one down from Aston Cross was the first one I think. Taroni as a surname comes from Italian Gypsy's (probs SintiRomany), the rag and bone equivalents over here traditionally  lot of the time are Romny. The Taronis made an absolute ton of cash, some of the daughters were famous about town at one point... 

Sydney had two kids Gussy, who was a dwarf, Jacky, she was my age and I last saw her at my father's funeral where she was working with the funeral company, which was quite a coincidence. She came over to offer her condolences and as soon as she said her name, I recognised her. It must have been over 30yrs since I'd last saw her. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Injured 

Pretty sure this is wrong information, can't find anything saying he's currently injured, and he's already played for Galatasaray in a Champions League qualifier. So unless you provide a source then I have to say I don't believe this.

Very likely we'll see him feature soon.

2 hours ago, tinker said:

His ability with his back to goal is outstanding, if he can stay fit and show that type of ability then he's going to be a major asset. Just what we lack. 

Really? Didn’t realise he had that to his game… could be excellent as cover and competition for Ollie…

Have we addressed our CF “issue”? Even though he’s a versatile attacker…

Â