Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the striker option, even though he hasn't really played there much it looks like he has the qualities for it. Someone posted a video of a hat-trick he scored in the conference league and he was making the runs of a good CF and finished like one too.

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

This is the only transfer this window I’m unsure about. Seems a bit of a desperate punt on somebody with a few issues. Surely there’s better out there?

I think it being a loan removes the risk. Monchi will also know what he's like. If he becomes a key player then great, we buy him at the end of the season. But if he just ends up being a squad player for the season then no harm done and he goes back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Desperate is probably a bit strong. It is a calculated gamble. 

That's probably fair, I think we are probably a little bit desperate though after Emi's injury at such a late point in the summer. I don't know anything about this lad other than what I've read online, but the bare stats from his career to date don't paint a wholly rosy picture. We'll see though, and I'm more confident with all transfers now that Emery is coaching them.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

I think it being a loan removes the risk. Monchi will also know what he's like. If he becomes a key player then great, we buy him at the end of the season. But if he just ends up being a squad player for the season then no harm done and he goes back.

Yep no risk from that in terms of the financial picture I guess. Despite the excellent business we've done I still think we're massively undercooked up front though. An injury to Watkins and the season is basically over.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Yep no risk from that in terms of the financial picture I guess. Despite the excellent business we've done I still think we're massively undercooked up front though. An injury to Watkins and the season is basically over.

Agreed. If Archer moves on we sign another Striker and we have Zaniolo in to cover Buendias absence

I'm happy then. Dendoncker out and Adams in would be a bonus 

Just now, Risso said:

I'm sure there will be cover for Watkins, I can't see it being the only position we neglect, especially after the depth we've acquired in other positions like CB and CM. Whether that's a signing or Unai seeing enough in Duran, I guess we'll have to wait and see. He did mention Zaniolo can play as a striker which is interesting. He's big and strong so could be a good option.

Just now, Risso said:

That's probably fair, I think we are probably a little bit desperate though after Emi's injury at such a late point in the summer. I don't know anything about this lad other than what I've read online, but the bare stats from his career to date don't paint a wholly rosy picture. We'll see though, and I'm more confident with all transfers now that Emery is coaching them.

Spot on.

No doubt signing him is a risk and we don't like it because prior to Buendia's injury, we had been enjoying perfect flow in all aspects of our progress and him getting crocked messes with that.

However, this management team is known for actually finding solutions to problems and best of all, polishing rough diamonds, both new and old.

We just have to remember that, odd though it feels after years of shite, to keep the faith. As an upside, this now means we can shamelessly play Dougie, Youri and Boubs in the same team.

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's also not true. Mourinho and he had a falling out and he put in a transfer request. He wanted a new contract last summer and didn't get it he played first half of last season at Roma until Mourinho said he wasn't up to playing in Serie A because he couldn't take all the fouls he got. He was booed off in a game by the fans and then put in a transfer request. The psycho Roma Ultras went to his home and he had to flee Rome. He didn't play or train again for his own safety until he could find a move in January.

You have gutter scum like Mourinho and their "fans". You can't blame a player when this happens.

All well and good except he has had disciplinary issues since turning professional. He has been kicked out of Italy camps in the past for attitude problems

He also picks up more cards for petulance than he does goals and assists. His league record is 18 league goals, 6 assists 33 yellow cards and 3 red cards

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is also currently injured with a groin strain and hasnt played for Galatasaray this season

They have a league game today so wonder if he has recovered to be involved

He wasn’t in the list of squad numbers released earlier this week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

All well and good except he has had disciplinary issues since turning professional. He has been kicked out of Italy camps in the past for attitude problems

He also picks up more cards for petulance than he does goals and assists. His league record is 18 league goals, 6 assists 33 yellow cards and 3 red cards

Emery going to prove how good he is with 10 men too. What a guy 😅

1 hour ago, Risso said:

This is the only transfer this window I’m unsure about. Seems a bit of a desperate punt on somebody with a few issues. Surely there’s better out there?

I actually saw us linked with him earlier in the window i'm sure to be fair.

Been mentioned he was on a " list "

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I had similar thoughts until I watched a few videos of him. The Zlatan / Berbatov comparisons (whilst very flattering) aren’t far off in terms of style. I think he could work very well as a foil for both Ollie and Diaby. Can certainly see why Unai likes him. Not sure there’s another player like him that’s remotely gettable.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually saw us linked with him earlier in the window i'm sure to be fair.

Been mentioned he was on a " list "

Yeah he has definitely been mentioned earlier in this window. He is on the list, probably the same list as Ferran Torres and Felix neither of whom have gone anywhere yet. I imagine we are working through this list and have sounded various players out, and maybe trying to nudge some players along a little with their decision making.

Â