Movie trailers

useless

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Only ever seen this movie once. Its brilliant but not an easy watch. I was the same with City of Life and Death, which was another superbly done war movie but a one time only viewing.

The scene in the church (and pretty much the whole movie tbh) is ridiculously hard hitting.

Spoiler

There is a scene where a woman walks through a crowd of German soldiers with blood pouring down her legs which always comes back to me.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not a movie trailer.

I never watched the show, but I always found this trailer for the third generation of Skins quite striking.

And not just because it initially features a few young women wearing nothing. Something about the kids falling into the void, Bill & Ted style, to the crescendo of that Arcade Fire song. Don’t know, think it works really well.

It is striking. Will look for the show. I'd be more persuaded if it wasn't just pretty people. Where's the obese kid with bad acne who's creating weird art in bedroom? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There is a scene where a woman walks through a crowd of German soldiers with blood pouring down her legs which always comes back to me.

Yup, very rough going at times. Filmmaker seemed very influenced by Malick and also Francis Ford Coppola. The scenes with the stork and the boy when and girl in the forest alone really stuck with me. Haunting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xann said:

The Mosfilm channel on Youtube has lots of classic Russian cinema in full. Whether you want to give them any money is another matter?

Can't even finish the trailer let alone the doc (and frontline docs are fantastic) This world... No wonder we are all popping pills and booze.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stiffler, The Rock, Justin Timberlake and Amy Poehler all in the same movie. Why have I never heard of this?

It was Richard Kelly's follow on movie from the superb Donnie Darko.

Unfortunately, it was a total bloated mess (tonally and from a story pov), so completely bombed critically and financially and has been all but forgotten.

A shame really as he (Kelly) showed so much promise with DD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

It was Richard Kelly's follow on movie from the superb Donnie Darko.

Unfortunately, it was a total bloated mess (tonally and from a story pov), so completely bombed critically and financially and has been all but forgotten.

A shame really as he (Kelly) showed so much promise with DD.

I might still watch it when I want something easy to watch. it looks fun

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I might still watch it when I want something easy to watch. it looks fun

It's garnered something of a cult following over the years, but personally I thought it was mostly bobbins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's garnered something of a cult following over the years, but personally I thought it was mostly bobbins.

I've watched some absolute shite over the years just because The Rock is in it and I don't intend to stop now ;) 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive never heard of this film either im gonna watch it for same reasons as stevo.

One of rocks most under rated films. I loved it

That's actually a pretty good remake (they do exist occasionally 😄) - although the JD Baker original is superior (even though its not without its problems).

Â