Air Fryers and Meal Ideas

Genie

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here you go

Italian seasoned chicken with carrot and Parmesan fries. Both done in the air fryer

IMG_1598.jpeg

Hold the **** bus. Is that lettuce?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

See this is what I've always wondered.  How the fook do you clean them?

I've given up on the deep fat fryer I bought in lockdown as I couldn't be arsed to clean it.  Almost impossible in fact, once dripped oil gets into hard to reach nooks and crevices it's not for shifting.

You can get silicone covers to put over them and then just wash them or put in dish washer. Very easy and simple

• Like 1

Just cooked a chicken in the air fryers maiden voyage

I generally like my birds with a bit more meat on them but I’m also not fussy.

IMG-9852.jpg

This was only 1.3kg but plenty of room for a bigger chicken next time

• 1 month later...

I've started doing roast chickens in the Ninja now, I've worked out that the ideal weight is around 1.3-1.4 Kg to fit in. Cook them bottom side up for 30mins followed by 30 mins right way up at 190C. plenty of salt and pepper and whatever other seasons you use, but the plenty of salt all over the bird is essential for a crispy skin.

So much easier to clean up after that compared to the traditional method

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've started doing roast chickens in the Ninja now, I've worked out that the ideal weight is around 1.3-1.4 Kg to fit in. Cook them bottom side up for 30mins followed by 30 mins right way up at 190C. plenty of salt and pepper and whatever other seasons you use, but the plenty of salt all over the bird is essential for a crispy skin.

So much easier to clean up after that compared to the traditional method

Yeah I've just ordered a whole chicken for the first time in years to do on the rotisserie, should come out great if the pork is anything to go by.

Ten year old smaller air fryer is being passed on so will still be used.

Okay, I got myself a 9 L dial basket fryer from B&Q (Emtronics 9l double air fryer.

There are two crisper racks that go into each frying tray /basket

Do you put them in halfway down in each frying tray/basket so you can have two layers of the same food cooking nthe same side of the tray/basket

For instance, in tray one I could have an upper and lower layer of chips and in tray two an upper and lower layer of fried chicken?

Edited by Follyfoot

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Okay, I got myself a 9 L dial basket fryer from B&Q (Emtronics 9l double air fryer.

There are two crisper racks that go into each frying tray /basket

Do you put them in halfway down in each frying tray/basket so you can have two layers of the same food cooking nthe same side of the tray/basket

For instance, in tray one I could have an upper and lower layer of chips and in tray two an upper and lower layer of fried chicken?

I'd go for two trays of chicken above 2 trays of chips so the chicken fat drips down and adds flavour. Which I guess defeats the point of an air fryer for a lot of people... 

Sorry that I can't actually answer your question! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd go for two trays of chicken above 2 trays of chips so the chicken fat drips down and adds flavour. Which I guess defeats the point of an air fryer for a lot of people... 

Sorry that I can't actually answer your question! 

I’m not sure I’d want raw chicken juice on my chips. Could be a health hazard. 

Never cooked a chicken over a trivet of vegetables?

You're absolutely right they shouldn't be above things in the fridge, but chicken fat running over your chips isn't a health hazard (other than maybe the cholesterol), for the juices to be in any way problematic, your chicken itself would have to still be basically raw, the chicken is going to cook much much slower than the time it takes to get the odd splash of liquid up to a safe temp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Turbochefs!

Quidco are doing 30% cashback on the Ninja website for today only so I might take the plunge.

Gonna be cooking for 2 adults and 2 small kids. Which one do I need?

Foodi 11-in-1 6l
FoodiMax 15-in-1 7.5l
Foodi FlexDrawer 10.4l

Help!

In all seriousness as advised buy the biggest but you might find yourself wanting a second. I already am and there's only two of us most of the time. Rarely use the oven these days but sometimes have to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

In all seriousness as advised buy the biggest but you might find yourself wanting a second. I already am and there's only two of us most of the time. Rarely use the oven these days but sometimes have to

I have only had mine a couple of weeks and starting to think exactly the same, pain in the arris having to use the oven alongside 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Â