Air Fryers and Meal Ideas

Genie

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Does anyone know if you can cook vegan food in an air fryer?

I don’t know how low the setting on the thermostat goes. Too much heat and the food just turns to dust.

33 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The only drag is that it can be a pig to clean, so I will often stop the cooking to stir more frequently so nothing gets stuck to the bottom or the sides.

See this is what I've always wondered.  How the fook do you clean them?

I've given up on the deep fat fryer I bought in lockdown as I couldn't be arsed to clean it.  Almost impossible in fact, once dripped oil gets into hard to reach nooks and crevices it's not for shifting.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've given up on the deep fat fryer I bought in lockdown as I couldn't be arsed to clean it.  Almost impossible in fact, once dripped oil gets into hard to reach nooks and crevices it's not for shifting.

I threw the first one I had away for this reason (it caused it to stop working properly), and by cooking things for longer on a lower temp and more frequently rotating/stirring I find the build up of oil and fat is far far less and easier to clean.

Edited by Jonesy7211

Crispy bacon.

Sausage.

Crispy sweet potato fries.

Marinated chicken breast.

All brilliant.

BTW I have had a cheap £35 Salter air fryer for around ten years, still going strong. Only drawback is it's not big enough.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ninja one is a damn sight easier than most traditional cooking methods

Take basket out, take plate out, wash them, dry them put them back in, no harder than washing a plate

Compare that to cleaning an oven or even an old frying pan

• Like 1

Dishwasher, just put the whole basket section in. Not a problem.

Just now, rjw63 said:

Crispy bacon.

Sausage.

Crispy sweet potato fries.

Marinated chicken breast.

All brilliant.

BTW I have had a cheap £35 Salter air fryer for around ten years, still going strong. Only drawback is it's not big enough.

I've got an old Actifry that we never use, keep meaning to get that out again as it was great for chips and stir frys.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Dishwasher, just put the whole basket section in. Not a problem.

Yes, but what about the bit above the basket, inside.  Don't you have to somehow get your arm/hand in like a low rent gynaecologist?

Just now, sidcow said:

Yes, but what about the bit above the basket, inside.  Don't you have to somehow get your arm/hand in like a low rent gynaecologist?

nah, not touched mine in 6 months

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've never cleaned that bit in ten years!

• Like 1

Nah, nobody cleans the heating element or the roof.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Read the title as “Air Fryers and Meal Deals”. Thought it was a new Arctic Monkeys song.

(Verse 1) In the kitchen, late at night, Got my cravings, appetite, Flick the switch, the power's on, Air fryers hum a familiar song.

(Pre-Chorus) With a hunger in my eyes, I scan the fridge, no surprise, But I know just what to do, Dial for meal deals, overdue.

(Chorus) Air fryers and meal deals, Satisfy my midnight feels, Crispy fries and juicy deals, Late-night feast that truly appeals.

(Verse 2) Through the menu, I explore, Burritos, burgers, and much more, Texting orders, delivery, Won't you come and dine with me?

(Pre-Chorus) With a hunger in my eyes, I scan the fridge, no surprise, But I know just what to do, Dial for meal deals, overdue.

(Chorus) Air fryers and meal deals, Satisfy my midnight feels, Crispy fries and juicy deals, Late-night feast that truly appeals.

(Bridge) The aroma fills the air, As I await my tasty fare, Impatiently, I pace around, Until the doorbell's familiar sound.

(Guitar Solo)

(Verse 3) Unbox the joy, unwrapping glee, A combo that sets my spirit free, In the darkness, we indulge, Air fryers and meal deals, a perfect merge.

(Outro) In the silence of the night, Air fryers hum, a sweet delight, With meal deals by my side, Savoring each bite, we ride.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

(Verse 1) In the kitchen, late at night, Got my cravings, appetite, Flick the switch, the power's on, Air fryers hum a familiar song.

(Verse 2) Through the menu, I explore, Burritos, burgers, and much more, Texting orders, delivery, Won't you come and dine with me?

(Bridge) The aroma fills the air, As I await my tasty fare, Impatiently, I pace around, Until the doorbell's familiar sound.

(Guitar Solo)

(Verse 3) Unbox the joy, unwrapping glee, A combo that sets my spirit free, In the darkness, we indulge, Air fryers and meal deals, a perfect merge.

(Outro) In the silence of the night, Air fryers hum, a sweet delight, With meal deals by my side, Savoring each bite, we ride.

Chat GPT?

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here you go

Italian seasoned chicken with carrot and Parmesan fries. Both done in the air fryer

IMG_1598.jpeg

No ketchup 

i-just-dont-think-its-for-me-jocelyn.gif

Â